“Outstanding customer service and my favorite hotel stay yet.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn

BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
“Outstanding customer service and my favorite hotel stay yet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff is very professional and always has a smile on their faces. If I need something, they attend to it right away. I will recommend this best western to all my family and friends.

-josue Alvarez

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Alvarez,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review about our hotel. My colleagues and I are always happy to accommodate you and we are honored to know that you enjoy your regular visits so much that you will recommend our hotel to all of your relations.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you stop by Oceanside.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while coming to visit Legoland. We don't spend much time in hotels. We usually are out and about. So we just new a place to sleep and regroup. This place was good for the price. It also was in a great location. Grocery store near by as well as many resturaunts.

It was clean. Everything worked. It was quiet and felt safe. The employees were all polite and helpful with our questions or needs. Gave us local maps and were willing to answer questions. The free breakfast was good and did the trick.

I can't really say much else about it. Good hotel at a good value.

Try to figure out the air conditioner before you go to sleep. It was like learning a second language when you're tired.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience at our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel's location next to Legoland and the many excellent restaurants which are perfect for dining with the family. Many of our guests also agree that the grocery store next door is great for quickly purchasing items and goodies.

I would also like to thank you for your comment about our hotel's cleanliness and it's peaceful atmosphere. On behalf of my colleagues, thank you for acknowledging the helpfulness of the Front Desk staff. Our goal at the Best Western Oceanside Inn is to provide superior customer service to all of our guest.

And while I am sorry to hear that you found the A/C unit difficult to operate, I thank you for your constructive criticism as it will allow us to implement new procedures which will make it easier for guests to utilize the A/C unit in their room.

Once again, thank you for writing such a great review and We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel itself is nice, the lobby, the pool area, the rooms are your standard hotel room. Great location, close to Legoland and the beach. The staff is helpful and accomodating for the most part.........BUT.....

THIS PLACE IS INFESTED WITH BED BUGS AND COCKROACHES! We arrived on a Wednesday, and after getting ready for bed around 10pm, as I'm laying down, I hear a type of fluttering sound close to my ear, all of a sudden I feel something crawling on my face, and as I reach for it, it was a bed bug that I swatted off immediately! My wife looked all over for it, and there it was just under the bed. I took a picture and squashed it right away. We then proceeded to go through ALL the sheets, blankets, turning over the mattresses, looking in drawers, behind the headboard, you name it, we went through everything to make sure there was no more. Needless to say, my kids, my wife and myself had trouble sleeping that first night because of the fear of more bed bugs. It was late, so I figured I'd talk to the manager in the morning. The next morning (Thursday), as we're all getting ready for Legoland, just as I'm about to go talk to the manager, a HUGE cockroach appears by one of the lamps!! I tried smashing it with the trash can, but it kept scurrying all over the place until finally I gave it a few good squashes til it was dead! I went to the front desk right after and explained the situation and what happened the night before. I asked to speak to the manager, but they said that he was not in. They immediately switched our rooms and said they would give us a discount. After inspecting the new room (which I shouldnt have to do), all seemed okay so we moved all our belongings to the new room. Mind you, my kids were freaked out about the bed bug, and now this huge cockroach. I explained to the staff that I would like to speak with the manager when I get back from our activities. When we get back thurs night, I call the front desk and the manager is still not in, but they said they'd give him my message. Friday comes and after coming back from our activities, I call and they say the manager is still not in, but got my message. Saturday morning (the day of our checkout), I go to the front desk and the manager is finally there. He says he's aware of the situation and his staff handled it accordingly by switching rooms for us. I asked what type of discount I was getting, and he said they took of $10 from our first night. $10?! Are you serious?? I said us not being able to sleep, a bed bug crawling on my face, a huge cockroach the next morning, and the inconvenience of us moving rooms is only worth $10 to you?? He said he thinks it is fair because we continued to stay there and use all the amenities. He also said that this time of year, bed bugs. cockroaches, and pests are common, so it was nothing out the ordinary. Really???! that's his excuse?? I've stayed at plenty of hotels during the summer time and never encountered this problem! And also, the weather in Oceanside was overcast with low 70s the entire time, so how does that attract pests?? And even if, if they are aware of that problem, then they should be taking all steps in order to prevent that from pests entering the room! What an idiot. They said they would give me double points towards my account to use at a later date. How the hell does that benefit me now?? And what makes them think I'd ever stay at their hotel, let alone a Best Western again?? Horrible experience at this place..

If you're okay with bed bugs and roaches, then by all means, book your reservation. And my fault for not reading the earlier reviews on this site and numerous other sites because apparently, bed bugs is a major problem with this hotel. Oh and on our last day as we're getting reading to check out, I did notice another small cockroach just hanging out on the curtains. We went through all our bags, clothing, belongings to make sure we werent bringing any of that home.

Giving it a Poor rating over Terrible, because as stated earlier, the staff (not the manager) was helpful and apologetic.

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel. read all other reviews and you'll see this place has a bed bug p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DeeJayEl23
BWOceansideInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Sir,
I am sincerely sorry to hear that you found your recent stay here at Best Western Oceanside Inn so unsatisfactory.

I would like to assure you and all future-guests that our hotel is not infested; we have a reputable company who services our hotel multiple times a month as part of our pest-prevention program.

After swiftly making arrangements for you to immediately change rooms, we contacted the company who services our property to deter pest. A professional from the company came in but found no evidence of an infestation of bedbugs or cockroaches in your room.

And while I do apologize that I was unable to give you compensation as you demanded multiple times, I would like to remind you that you were offered the option to be released from your reservation for the rest of the remaining nights and to be relocated to another hotel. However, you declined our offer and continued to stay at our property and enjoy our facilities.
At the check-out time, you showed no dissatisfaction towards the service you were provided with. As a courtesy, we gave you an extended late check-out, double points for your Best Western Rewards Membership, and even offered you a discount for a future stay.

Once again, I apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards but I hope you will chose to stay with us again so that we may have another chance to prove to you our superior service.

Sarath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Beaches and LegoLand was in our plans so the location was great for both. Clean room! Friendly, accommodating staff. Samantha was great! Nice little pool & good size jacuzzi. Decent continental breakfast with waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, Danish, etc. This is not a Best Western Plus so breakfast is limited, rooms are not as big or fancy and the tv is old. It was what I expected which was clean and accommodating. It met our needs and we would stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ymichaels
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for recognizing our hotel's cleanliness, our convenient locations next to Legoland and the beach, and our staff's excellent customer service. Thank you especially for your kind comments in regards towards Samantha. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed using our swimming pool and our continental breakfast in the mornings.

We look forward to seeing you and your family for any future visits to Oceanside.

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

inside the room, everything was terrible. We stayed here for one night during our Legoland trip. I read the good reviews so I said why not. The price was affordable and it is close to the Legoland park and the beach. The lobby was nice enough, clean and does not look like a cheap hotel. The guy Nikola was nice also. However when we get to our room, the a/c won't turn on so we called the front desk about it, the guy came and fix something on the a/c and it turned on. after 15 mins. It went off again so we called the front desk again. The guy came back and then fixed the a/c and went on again. Also, the sink was leaking so we put a trash can underneath so it wont soak the carpet until we noticed that the carpet in front of the sink was soaking wet. It was really grossed. Not only that, the carpet in front of the a/c was soaking wet too. I can't even let my daughter walk barefoot in the carpet. When we woke up in the morning, the a/c went off, AGAIN! We inform the girl in the front desk but they didn't do anything so we suffered in heat for 6 am until check out time. Imagine us laying in bed while the patio doors are wide open. It was embarrassing to the other guest but what can I do. It was really disappointing. The 2 stars was for the good breakfast because they have good waffles done by a nice lady, which I forgot to get her name.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rose Ann F
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have really come to like Best Westerns in the past few years. They are usually a great value, clean, updated. This one, sadly, is VERY in need of an update. The front desk service was lovely, however our room was not. Very dark, shabby, vintage tv and a/c unit, lighting was terrible. We were on the first floor and our room looked out onto the parking lot. We had a sliding glass door onto a "patio" (no chairs/railing--not that I would need one because, as I said, it was basically in the parking lot), but I really felt unsafe as it was an old, thin door that anyone could have broken through.
Free breakfast, but it was in a super cramped room. We had to eat in one of the adjoining meeting rooms, which were very dark and dank. It was really a very depressing place. Again, too bad because I generally like BW.

Room Tip: Get one on the back--the hotel is RIGHT off the freeway, but we did not hear freeway noise on the ba...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank couponmommy
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your stay with us during the month of May. Having had the opportunity to read your remarks, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations. As a loyal BEST WESTERN guest, your satisfaction is our top priority. We are admittedly an older property that is in need of extra TLC in the form of physical capital improvements. We are taking your constructive review into immediate consideration—especially regarding our in-room amenities and dim lighting issues—in the hopes of bettering the overall quality of our hotel.

I would like to thank you as well for noting the exceptional front desk service you received. We certainly appreciate this acknowledgement in face of the fact that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Again, thank you for giving us your feedback here on TripAdvisor. It is only through comments from guests like yourself that we are able to review the quality of our service & facilities, and continually work with our staff to improve them.

Samantha
Bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stopped on a recent trip to San Diego. A very nice and pleasant hotel to stay,very clean, the front desk staff where particularly helpful with suggestions where to visit and eat out.Definitely recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your positive review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you found the information our front desk agents provided regarding activities & dining in Oceanside to be helpful. Our entire team greatly appreciates your kind feedback. Thanks again and we hope to host you once more as our valued guest!

Samantha