“Pleasant surprise - two nights of bliss!”

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I booked online as saw that this was a two star hotel which made me nervous. I like luxury. What I found was the little motel that could. Every detail was there - from lots of lotions, soaps and shampoos, to cleverly folded towels, a granite sink, fridge, micro, coffee, free breakfast, wifi, and TV with over 60 channels!!! The pool and spa were as good as it gets. The grounds were clean, clean, clean. There was a really modern high tech market next door with delicious treats - and open until 10pm. What a find! We will return.

Room Tip: The ice machines are generous, but really loud - ask for rooms closer to the office.
2  Thank DarkBlonde

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here and rented 2 rooms for my Grandson's birthday trip to Legoland. The room was very comfortable and clean. The air conditioner was a little bit noisy at night and didn't cool so well during the day, but it didn't matter because we weren't there during the day. The breakfast was a little bit lacking. I would have liked to have seen some yogurt and a little bit more variety of fruit and maybe some sort of danish rolls. The pool and hot tub were wonderful I only wished the pool could have been opened until 11pm on Fri. and Sat. This was a very clean hotel and I would definitely stay there again. Sarath the manager and his daughter were very pleasant. Also, I wish the keys had numbers on them because since we were renting two rooms, we were mixing up the keys.

1  Thank lonestarcrispy
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Inn in Oceanside, CA for 2 nights during the racing season at Del Mar which is located only about 20 miles south. Most of the hotels between San Diego and LA raise their prices dramatically during the summer months and especially while Del Mar is running. I found the prices here substantially less than comparable hotels with perfectly adequate accomodations. The room was quiet, very clean, and comfortable and all rooms have patios or balconies allowing you to enjoy the ocean breeze. An unusual luxury was a remote control to adjust the air conditioner/heater. It allows you to change the temperature without getting out of bed. The front desk people were more than helpful. They were very friendly and knowledgeable and always had smiles on their faces. I am staying there again in September and would highly recccomend it to anyone else.

1  Thank Steve V
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Very nice suprise...the rooms very clean and newly remodeled...would come again!
Great value for the rate! Each room has mini refrigerator, nice bathroom with granite, tile floor in bathroom, beds very comfortabe & not sagging or too hard. I stayed at holdiay Inn and extended Stay in Oceanside off Vista way....this place by far is huge improvement.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CarlsbadCA70
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here 4 nights for a family event. Cost was high averaging about $125/night which is much more than we're used to paying for an middle-of-the-road hotel. Rooms were fairly clean, but a bit small for what we're used to.

Breakfast was included, but selection was small.

Great location if you're visiting/doing business in Oceanside. The city is very accessible from the hotel as you're right on the freeway as well as Oceanside Blvd.

Service seemed above par for a Best Western.

Pool was nice and even though the hotel is next to the freeway, sitting in the pool area was actually pretty quiet.

If you can get a reservation for an economic price, it is a good choice, but definitely not worth $125/night. Maybe that's the way all hotels in the area are, though.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Like any other sensible person, I first checked out Best Western, Oceanside on Trip Advisor just to get an overall feel for the place - and let me tell you, my first impression upon reading the reviews wasn’t exactly positive. But seeing as booking a hotel so late in the game was out of the question (Me and my two sons - a 17 year old and a 10 year old - bought last minute tickets to Comic Con) I decided "Why not?"

Upon pulling up to the hotel, I had to agree that the place did look a bit run down. But when we got to our room, I was taken by complete surprise. Obviously, there must have been a management change in the last couple of years because the room looked nothing like the way it was described here on Trip Advisor.

To put it into condensed form: The room and bathroom was absolutely spotless - it was the type of cleanliness that one would expect from a five star hotel!!! Room service was also really great and efficent. I called the front desk for extra towels and I got them in mere minutes. And what was really nice was that the pool was directly outside our room.

Since Comic Con began the next day, the boys and I decided to explore the area. The front desk workers were more than helpful in suggesting a few good places: Legoland, Sea World, The San Diego Zoo, the Emerald Golf Course, Oceanside Pier, and the California Surf Museum. They even gave us directions on how to walk to the beach which wasn't too far from the hotel.

Summarized: The four days my kids and I stayed at Best Western, Oceanside was the most fun we had in a long time. Due to the great location, we were a short drive away from great restaurants and fun and relaxation at the beach and amusement parks. House Keeping was great – we always came back to a clean, fresh room at the end of the day – and the Front Desk was friendly and helpful.

Definitely a great vacation, my family and I will be coming back again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RNjanet
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The property is on the old side and is the lesser or Best Westerns three quality levels. The rate provided by the desk clerk was more than what was offered on BW's website and reservation 1-800 number. The room was hammered with an A/C which started cooling 5 minutes after it was turned on, per the hotel's own instructions. The breakfast in offered in an old conference room across the driveway which is monitored by staff to insure no one sneaks in or takes food back to their rooms. All in all, it was one of the oddest hotels I've stayed at.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksgggg
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your stay with us during the month of May. Having had the opportunity to read your remarks, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any misunderstanding that occurred in relation to the rate you were charged. Our policy is to be consistent with our rates across all channels and you should have received the rate shown on the Best Western website. I noted you were here during a busy period and perhaps changes in the rates were made but not followed through on. Although BW customer service has previously sent you a gift card for this oversight, I have also taken the initiative to issue a credit on your card for the amount as well.

I hope you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in our conference center. Because that area is across from the hotel lobby, we do ensure that only our hotel guests are able to take advantage of this amenity. We also staff the breakfast service with an attendant to ensure that fresh food and beverages are available to the guests throughout the morning breakfast period. I apologize for any confusion related to their duties or presence there.

Again thanks for giving us your feedback related to your stay. It is only through the objective comments of guests like yourself that we are able to review the quality of our service and facilities, and continually work with our staff to improve them.

Regards,