“Excellent Service, Great Place to Stay when in Oceanside, CA”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay while in Oceanside, thanks to Extended Stay. The services and staff were the best, and they made my trip very enjoyable. The rooms were nice and very clean...and I loved the mini kitchen. Also, the front desk staff were very friendly and courteous. Every morning there was fresh, hot coffee, fruit basket, and muffins provided for the guest. It really felt like home away from home. Whenever I'm in town this will be the place for me. Thank you Josie, Leticia and all the staff members for making my stay such a welcoming experience.

Room Tip: Best place to stay when in Oceanside, CA... close to shops, beach and many great restaurants.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JacqueD444
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you very much for the excellent review of your stay with us in Oceanside. We're thrilled that you found our well-equipped kitchens to be a great value. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to your next visit with us in Oceanside.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The room and entire floor smelled of tobacco -- stale and new. This gave a very poor "family-oriented" atmosphere. Maybe as a corporation, you could decide, disclose, and cater to the demographics of your client base -- business vs extended limited-income housing vs family leisure. I've stayed at other Extended Stay America facilities with a much different experience.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ADMKona_HI

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you did not find our property to be a good fit for you and your family. Please accept my apology. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me, Thomas, directly, at tgiesel@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The quality of the people at the front desk can easily make or break the stay on a business trip. The folks at Extended Stay Oceanside were both professional and welcoming. The manager obviously hires people who want to serve their customers. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The kitchenette had the essentials. The coffee and fresh fruit each morning was a nice touch. The value for the buck was just right. I recommended this hotel to a friend and he was equally pleased. My stay was for about 45 days and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Many thanks to the staff for a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the great comments about associates and their commitment to customer service. I'm thrilled that you would stay with us again the next time you are in Oceanside. Again, thank you very much for th great review.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. I chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews. Pros: 1. Spacious, well decorated rooms 2. Comfy beds 3. Mini kitchen. Front desk girl gave us excellent service and allowed us to check in 15 minutes prior to our check in time. This has been my second time staying at Extended hotel and I will definitely be coming back :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We just recevied a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the positive comments about our associates and our property. I'm thrilled to hear that our associates were able to get you checked into our property early. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is not a 5 star hotel and is not meant to be. If you want a luxury hotel, go somewhere else. That being said, my fiancee and I moved to Oceanside from Hawaii and decided to stay here until we were on our feet and able to find an apartment. This was the perfect place to stay. It has a small kitchen, bed, TV, laundry, and house cleaning. We were a little skeptical because of some reviews, but were delighted to see that the room was very clean, bed was nice, and it was also pet friendly. Free grab n go breakfast in the morning. The staff, Josie, Natalie, and manager (I forget her name) were friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this place if you want to save money and be comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great review of our associates and our property. We're thrilled that you decided to give us a try when you moved to Oceanside and found your stay to be comfortable and relaxing. Again, thank you for the great review.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you don't mind doing your own laundry and making your own bed this place is for you. The hotel was clean and in a nice area. I did have a couple of problems with my room. The bed was horrible in every way and the sheets had a odor to them. I also had very noisy neighbors. Since there is no one at the desk after 11pm it is hard to resolve problems like this.

• Stayed: March 2013
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the reception desk did not inform you that we do in fact has staff at the property 24 hours a day. In response to your feedback, I am going to be holding additional training for our guest service representatives to ensure they notify guests upon arrival that the hotel is staffed 24 hours a day.. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me, Vanessa, directly, at sdo@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The customer service, manager, housekeeper and maintenance of this Extended Stay America Hotel (ESA) in Vista Way, Oceanside, CA is very very excellent. No complaint. The staff working are nice and friendly. This hotel is quiet but sometimes there is a loud noise of a motorcycles.

Room Tip: They have smoking rooms available.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your most recent stay with us. We really appreciate the recognition of the excellent service that was provided by our associates. Again, thank you for the review and thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.