“13 Nights”

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Slidell, Louisiana
“13 Nights”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I must first state that I typically go to higher end places but this was what was available short notice.

Complimentary breakfast - good enough for the kids I suppose, doesn't open until 7 am best I could figure out. Too late for me. Good coffee when I could get it though.

Internet - definitely free WIFI but, NOT high speed - if it is flowing at all during the late afternoon peak.

Guest laundry - was out of service the entire weekend. Was told that it is an amenity meaning if it doesn't work, oh well - even if you do chose this establishment because the laundry it an item you require. I heard the same clerk state a couple more items that though they were technically correct, are not things you tell your customers if you want them to possibly stay again.

Room - clean and fresh - not too many chemical smells. AC works well.

I found that the rate had dropped on line - I called the clerk and she did get the OK to lower my rate below what the internet site was displaying - I do appreciate this.

Not a lot of eating establishments close by - unless you like fast food (2 places).

Housekeeping does a great job!

Overall an acceptable place but, I would use an extended stay if there would have been any available for the length of my trip.

Very close to the south entrance to Camp Pendleton.

My room had a great view of the towing company yard..........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
daysinnoceanside, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Days Inn as your hotel for you most recent traveling needs, we are delighted to hear our housekeeping and staff did a great job and made sure to give you the right price for your stay. We are sorry to hear you did experience some issues and will make sure to address how the front desk staff handles these situations with future guests. We hope you choose us again when traveling in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chandler, Arizona, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I just went to Oceanside this past weekend 8/2-8/4 2013, I stayed in the Days Inn Oceanside at the Coast. I was not happy with the staff at all, they were rude and disrespectful. I originally picked this hotel because they were one of the few hotels that would allow my 2 children 8 & 4 yrs old, my nephew who is 17 and my niece who is 16 all in the same room. I booked my hotel 1 month in advance through booking.com and wrote the Hotel an email confirming the price so I could budget our trip. They failed to respond so I called and talked to a man who told me that whatever price I was told by booking.com was the price I was going to be paying. Well this was not the truth. When I checked into the hotel I was shocked to find out that they had me booked for 2 people and then when they wanted to charge me 60$ more to get the room with the "extra" people. The lady at the front desk was very unprofessional and rude. When I finally decided I would stay at the hotel only because every other hotel was booked because of the Surf competition, she handed me my key and told me the room # I was in. She didn't even tell me about the breakfast they had available, what time the pool closed she didn't tell me anything as a matter of fact. Kind of sad because I watched them help 3 other people before they helped me and they informed them of everything. I will NEVER go back to this Hotel and the people who run this location should be ashamed of themselves. I am surprised they are still in business with the way the run the place.

Room Tip: Do not spend your money at this hotel it was not worth it at all....go to a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Trisha Z
Thank you for your review and we apologize that we fell short of meeting your expectations. We will conduct additional training with all front desk staff to ensure we treat all guest with the utmost respect. Our goal is for each guest to consider our hotel their home away from home.
It is difficult at times with regards to rates and rooms when booked through a third party partner. As with most reservations booked through Booking.com these are completed on line and if the guest does not put the accurate number of guest in the reservation then the rates do adjust. In your particular case most of our room types would not have been available for your booking as they are unable to accommodate more than 4 guests. These types of issues are controlled much more efficiently when booked directly with Daysinn.com or by calling hotel directly to avoid surprise charges. All hotels regardless of brand affiliation charge for additional guest in the rooms and must work diligently to control the number of guest for each room for potential emergency situations.
Thank you for sharing your experience as we will use this to offer further training.
Charleville-Mezieres, France
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Every year, my wife and I spend 40 days to visit the USA, and we have a long experience of the hotels and motels in this great country.
This hotel is one of the worst we have stayed in since ten years !
We had room 115, which is located 40 feet of a very busy railway and 4 feet of the ice machine. In that room, it is not possible to sleep. I think they gave us that room because the thought foreigners xill never complain...
Last but not least, the wifi was weak, the Tv was out of order, the breakfast unconsistant, and the staff not professional, except to charge your credit card 130 dollars.
Avoid this trap!

Room Tip: avoid rooms near the railway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank woinic08
daysinnoceanside, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Oceanside, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We are sorry to hear we fell short of meeting your expectations during your trip to the USA; we at Days Inn do not discriminate against anyone and would never want our guests' to feel this way. We will make sure we take a look at your room and the high volume of noise to see what we can do to make sure no one has to experience this again. We do hope when visiting again next year you will give us another stay so we can show you all our guests' are our #1 priority.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We booked an 8 day trip to San Diego and didn't have a hotel booked for the first three days due to Comic Con. After arriving, we searched for a hotel in San Diego but could find none affordable. We ended up in Ocean Side, and stopped at the Days Inn. The price was reasonable. I was at first hesitant because I thought Days Inn was 2-3 star level, and we were booked for the next 5 days at the Hard Rock for the remainder of our trip. We got a smoking room that well exceeded our expectations and even had more amenities than the HardRock, including a large television, refrigerator, and King size (comfortable bed). The room was clean which kept up happy and continental breakfast was provided. The walk to the beach was fast and the overall experience was excellent. Edith took care of us very kindly and professionally and made sure we felt at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is price friendly, and a clean, comfortable, relaxing hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim S
We are pleased to hear you found our hotel for the first 3 days of your trip and are glad to hear our Days Inn hotel exceeded your expectations. We hope you were able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer and that short walk to the beach made your trip that much better. We look forward to seeing you again when in the Oceanside area.