“Its what you pay for”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Phoenix, AZ
“Its what you pay for”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was on a last minue trip - I didn't have a large budget. I chose to go with a Hotel that looked like a good/fair rate. I got what I paid for. A very old hotel. Management was nice enough. The room was o.k. - bed was not comfortable - carpet not clean - furniture very beaten up - the room would have benedited from a little Fabreeze. The FREE breakfast was two choices of cold cereal coffee milk juice fruit and danish. The Hotel was right next to the freeway - I heard traffic all night - again with just a little improvements like newer windows the place would be ohh so much better.

Room Tip: If you really need someplace fast and cheap - got for this one - but an additional 10-15 dollars wil...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2011

So my husband and myself, stayed at the Harbor Inn last Tuesday night. We worked all day. My husband said there is a place I stayed once before that is close to the ocean, with great restaurants. So we headed that way after work. He said oh, I think that is it but I thought it was a Travel lodge. Turns out it use to be, but changed to a Harbor Inn. The man at the desk actually remembered my husband. So we got our room, and let me say "ahw! so clean, very inviting bed; plenty of room to put all my girly stuff in the bathroom. Just really clean and cute. We showered napped, and then walked down the hill to a most beautiful sunset, dinner at my favorite restaurant (which the hotel manager has a coupon for a free appetizer.) Joe's Crab Shack. The restaurant is right on the edge of the water! And the cutest little shops along the dock. Fishing boats and great prices to, go out for a fishing trip. We only got to stay the one night because we had to get back to AZ. But decided we for sure will make this a place for a long weekend get a way!

Oh and also we had breakfast at the Denny's next door. Now I travel a lot. And I have been to many Denny's. I have to say it was the cleanest Denny's I have ever ate at. The service was awesome. And the atmosphere was excellent. And the skillet meal I got was awesome!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
PHOENIX
Reviewed September 15, 2011

ALL the amenities you would expect (at a much higher cost somewhere else) can be found at this quaint (but very comfortable) hotel by the harbor. My fiancee and I decided to stay an extra night simply because the owner was gracious enough to give us the second night at the same rate! The room was VERY clean and everything worked as expected. There was a blow dryer, iron, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, widescreen TV, desk - and most importantly...a BIG, COMFORTABLE bed for two! We highly recommend Harbor Inn and Suites. We felt very welcomed and left feeling good. :))

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
Reviewed September 3, 2011

very poor breakfast and very smelly lobby. Rooms are clean but not very attractive after all. Very loud, since the freeway is right next to it. Internet is very fast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
OceansideHarborInn, Manager at Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. I am sorry that you felt we were loud, We are next to the highway, so next time to come over, please request us the room away form the highway. Our team continues to strive for improvement and most of all we will always look for ways to exceed our guest’s experience. We value you as a loyal guest and look forward to your next visit when in Oceanside, CA.

If there is something particular that you would have liked to see at either meal please feel free to contact me at harborinnoceanside@gmail.com

I do want to thank you for complimenting our WiFi service.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed with my husband and daughter for the weekend...it was a cute nice room. The service was great we didn't check in till late and needed a rollaway late at night and it was there in minutes. Friendly service and cozy rooms will be bringing us back to this hotel everytime we are in the area :)

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. Our team continues to strive for improvement and most of all we will always look for ways to exceed our guest’s experience. We value you as a loyal guest and look forward to your next visit when in Oceanside, CA.

The Rocky Mountains
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is an older motel just off I-5. The owners are super friendly and go above and beyond your regular hospitality. This is not a resort with a big swimming pool....but then that is what the OCEAN is for. If you want a comfortable bed and a tastefully/recently redecorated room...this is your kind of place. The cleaning staff is thorough and friendly. Breakfast is just the basics. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Oceanside, California
Reviewed August 8, 2011

When we arrived in town, everywhere else was booked. This place not only gave us a nice room for a lower price, but they are also pet-friendly. Not too many hotels in this area are. The management was very accommodating and went to great lengths to ensure that our stay was a good one. We would strongly recommend this place to anyone. It is very family and pet-oriented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a tub if you have a baby or toddler. Others come with shower stalls only.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MARK P
I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your trip to Oceanside and the Harbor Inn and Suites. We are happy that the suites were large enough for you and that you able to enjoy a good night sleep.

The hotel appreciates your comments on our location and accessibility to both public transportation and shopping.