“Nice Hotel but the only restaurant nearby is Hooters”

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
LA
“Nice Hotel but the only restaurant nearby is Hooters”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, delicious breakfast. Hotel was not centrally located next door is a Hooters Restaurant which you may or may not like, me not so much. Was quite a walk to the other restaurants, no stores that I could walk to to get lunch. Room had a balcony which was nice. The jacuzzi didn't get hot enough and really needed to be replastered, though the jets were strong.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
CRPatel, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you for your response. Your feed back is very important to us to improve in our day to day operation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This place is old need remodeling. The room we stayed at was small and not the typical holiday inn express that I love. This was the worst hotel we stayed at. The people above us were stomping and loud we couldn't sleep. The breakfast was okay it took a while for them to replenish the food. This place is not worth spending the money!!

• Stayed September 2010

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel is near shopping, dinning and about everything in the Oceanside/Carlsbad/Vista area of Southern California. The staff is great. The rooms are large and clean, but the bathrooms are small. The beds are comfortable. The balcony for our room had two very dirty plastic chairs. I tried wiping them down myself but just pushed a beat up desk chair out from the room to use.
The free breakfast is worth what you pay for it. Can you say powdered scrambled eggs?
Parking is tight and someone needs to keep people from parking in non designated spaces.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
LA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I am a total hotel snob but wanted something cheap for a quick family getaway to legoland. This fit the bill perfectly! Not fancy but the room was very clean and the beds were nice with the white bedspread sheets rather than one of those gross, rarely changed coverlets. We requested a crib for my 3 yr old and it was ready in the room. The room itself actually accommodated the crib well - we were in room 130 and it had a little nook where we could put the crib so that he couldn't see us or the tv, so he could sleep while we stayed up for a bit. As an FYI - the crib is the metal bar kind, not the pack n play variety, so with a baby who is falling over trying to stand up you may want to bring a bumper or something, and also for a 3 yr old it was a little short. But, overall this was a perfect stay. The breakfast was great with cereal, delish cinnamon buns, hard boiled eggs in the little milk fridge and a bunch of other things. We didn't see the pool, parking was easy, reception was friendly. And, its 4 miles to legoland and much cheaper than carlsebad hotels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
wayne_cga
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Regarding previous comments (dated July 27) - the management team made a huge effort to appologize and I was very impressed with the response.

I believe that this incident was not norm and would consider staying here again.

Thanks

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
NW Louisiana
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I stayed at this Hotel for 4 days. The terminal for use by guests charged for its use. I stayed at 6 different motels during this trip and none charged. When I complained, they said a lot of people did that but that hi speed internet was free in your room. I did not have my laptop with me.
During my 4 day visit, on four different occasions, my card to get in the outside door of the hotel and my room would not work and I would have to walk to the office and get another. I sure wish I had stayed at another chain, but the hotel in San Francisco had been so great just a few days ago.

• Liked — It had a couch in a separate half room that was good for reading.
  • Disliked — charging for internet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WA
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This hotel and its management team are absolutely horrible. The hotel is right on I-78 so expect alot of noise. In addition, when a huge group of people proceeded to basically take over this hotel with their loud talking, screaming, revelry, and mahem - this hotel did NOTHING. They would not refund the room for the extremely bad night and no sleep we had and, in fact, the manager berated me for contacting the corporate offices when he would not call me back.

Do NOT stay here. We would NEVER stay here again - ever.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jh3