After fleeing the Guesthouse Inn with its multitude of "quickie day-visits" from military personnel, dirty walls, grimy floors and a thong underwear / g-string still in the bed, I decided I needed a different hotel in Oceanside. I read the positive reviews of nearby hotels via this website and moved to the Holiday Inn Express -- about 1.5 miles away.
For $110 a night, I enjoyed: two queen-sized beds in a room more than twice the size of Guesthouse Inn's "bed-with-dirty-walls-around-it"; cable for the computer; immaculate halls, rooms and lobby; a clean (but small) area to wash and dry my clothes; beverage machines that actually work (GH's did not); and courteous service.
The service: the desk clerk was always polite with directions to the closest grocery store, car wash, cinema or ATM. I asked for a room where I could easily unload my luggage and was quickly provided with one. (Ulterior motive: after having spent the night at the GH, I wanted a room where I could easily watch my vehicle.)
The area: Von's grocery store, a Macy's, theatre, Target, banks, and numerous other well known shops are about 3 blocks away. The hotel has some type of small country club with manicured grass to the rear - providing a welcome buffer zone.
Drawbacks: This Holiday Inn Express is right on the highway 78 express way and the traffic noise at high commute times, although it did not disturb me, might disturb some: Maybe a room in the back would help solve this problem.
All in all, if you want to stay in the Oceanside area for this price, before staying at the hotels down by the beach area right off I-5, do yourself a favor and take highway 78 up the hill about 1/3 a mile to El Camino Real exit. At the stop light take a left, crossing over 78. Take a right at the access road: Vista Way. The hotel is located at the first stop-light on your left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn® Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton hotel lets you relax and focus on the people and experiences you came for. You’ll find plenty of local sites, activities and attractions to explore near our hotel in Oceanside, including Legoland California, El Camino Country Club and the Museum of Making Music, plus: Oceanside Beach and Pier Carlsbad State Beach California Surf Museum Flower Fields Carlsbad Premium Outlets You can also easily get to several outdoor recreational opportunities such as sky diving, para-sailing, tennis, miniature golf, boating and canoeing. Our Value Qs deliver professional, responsive and friendly service, as well as amenities that give you more for your hard-earned money like: Free hot, fresh and healthy breakfast Free WiFi Free local calls Each guest room offers a refreshing shower, coffee maker and desk. Your Q Bed features a comfortable, premium mattress and linens, a generous supply of fluffy pillows and a soft, plush blanket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Oceanside Hotel Oceanside
- Holiday Inn Oceanside
- Oceanside Holiday Inn Express