“Great family hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed there with my family over Christmas and found it to be very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was decent, though the pancake machine was broken, which seems to happen more often than not at Holiday Inn Expresses. Get a waffle maker! Ok, staff was nice, price was nice, location was nice - close to Legoland and closish to Wild Animal Park. It's not so close to the beach (only 15 minutes though), but we've stayed near the beach before the neighborhood was not nice by the beach. It was disappointing that they couldn't find a roll-away bed but otherwise everything was good. It wasn't the Ritz, but I wouldn't say it was run down like some of the other reviewers. At least our room wasn't.It was fairly quiet. You could hear some road noise but other than that we didn't hear much. Maybe there weren't guests sharing walls with us. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CRPatel, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thank you for your response. Your feed back is very important to us to improve in our day to day operation.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The hotel is in a very good position. Close to shopping center, grocery stores and a lot of restaurant. It is 10 minutes away from legoland and the beach of Oceanside that is a very nice place. The personnel is very nice and the room is not bad... just the building is old and would need a renovation.

Room Tip: second floor is quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 18, 2012

One of the nicest holiday in. express lines I have stayed in. management is top notch. Property is kept very clean. The breakfast room is so well maintained. Table clean. Rooms are clean. If you are looking for a well maintained room and property. Definitely check this property out. Pool was very clean which in so cal you can use almost all year round.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I ended up leaving this hotel and going to another ... but, before I explain, I have to say that the staff (2 young women at the desk) were very accommodating and courteous.
It is because of them that I give 3 stars.
As far as the hotel goes. It is a motel take over.
Some of the entrances are from the outside, some from the inside.
Upon entering my room, I could tell that it just didn't seem that clean.
There was a strong "power/spray" smell.
The rooms were dated ... with the rugs especially being worn.
The reason that I left was because when I turned on the A/C unit, it smelled like mold.
Looking closer, it was very old and not clean.
The bed looked okay though and the room was spacious.
As I mentioned, the girls at the desk were very pleasant and gave me a full refund even though I was outside the cancellation period.
Unfortunately my first thought is that I would not stay here again.
New rugs and new A/C might make me change my mind though.
: -)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Visited from Hollywood, CA booked this location because it was close to my friend's baby shower and for my boyfriends Saturday's language class (located off the 15 fwy & HWY 78). Upon check in and checking out the two female front desks were courteous & provided directions with the areas we were going to. We were given a room on the 2nd floor (felt safe because you need a room key to enter hotel property) and the first impression walking down the long indoor hallway I got 2nd thoughts because the rug and looked old and lights could of been brighter.

Upon walking in our King Size bed was spacious with a balcony & fridge. The beds for comfy and the pillows were a tad small but still slept good. The room did feel like no one was in the room for days. Turned AC on and the problem was solved. The free breakfast did the job. Bagels, yogurt, cereal, non-fat milk, eggs, coffee, etc. The staff in this area was friendly and welcoming.

The hotel is basic but it does the job. It is located off HWY 78 and there is not much to do around this area. Like stated before booked this location because of a baby shower. Over all my visit and service was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I should have read reviews but I was on the road. I got upgraded to suite due to priority club status. Walked in and room smelled moldy. My husband walked over to turn on air and dust and dirt blew out into his eyes. Then it smelled awful. He even tried the other unit in the bedroom section. It was gross. We turned around with our luggage and checked out. The front desk rep didn't seem surprised. What a shocker!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The best I can say about this old and tired property is it was okay.
Nothing impressed me. My room was on the second floor and I could hear kids splahing in the pool with the door closed and the A/C running.
The property was functional, but certainly not fun.

If I have to...I'll use this property again. But it won't be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business