“Better than I expected for $49. per night” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Oceanside
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
kentucky
“Better than I expected for $49. per night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

Positive - Although the building is old, my room had updated furnishings that were more than adequate. Location is very close to the freeway, easy on & off. Hotel staff were fine.
Negative - A lot of road noise from Mission Ave., also not in a great part of town. My single biggest issue was that there were a lot of ants around the vanity in the bathroom, the guy at the desk said he would go up and spray them, he didn't spray in the right place. I took the bug spray up and used it in the right place, it worked fine. No sign of any other type of insects in the room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank rebky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

From the picture on the website, it looks nice and clean but when I arrived at the hotel, first thing was the parking situation, BAD, no parking. When I checked in, the room was decent as every where else, so let the kids run around the room for a bit. Within 5 min their feet were all dark and dirty, eewww..!! Carpet needs to be change.

The neighboring area is not as what I expected, as I look across the street at the donut shop one night which open 24hr, there was a drug bust involve undercover officer, unmark car, etc.. There’s also a liquor store next to a local Casino on the adjacent side, and as you know if you were anywhere close to a local Casino other than Reno or Vegas, most likely you not in a half decent neighborhood.

But about a1/2 mile away in Carlsbad, there’re some nice hotels nearby and close to the beach, I would suggest this area if you plan your next visit nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM02821, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
These claims are not an accurate description of our hotel. Our goal is to provide the friendliest and cleanist hotel Oceanside has to offer and we are nearing the completion of our remodel. Please do not let this description discourage your decision. Andrew Stewart GM

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

cali
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

At first we thought it was very nice hotel and stayed for 4 nights. When we checked in we mentioned we had a pet because they were pet friendly. They gave us a pet room which already had urine spots on the carpet. The door chain latch was super glued on so when we tried to use it, it broke again. The hotel charged us for the stains on carpet and the already broken latch. I called and was told that i would see a refund to our account. It is a month later and still no refund. During our stay our puppy was put in the bathroom while we left the room. This was for the cleaning crew to be able to come into the room. We told the front desk that this is what we had done and they still let the puppy out of the bathroom... and did not finsh cleaning our room. After the first day we told them again about the puppy in the bathroom. They still ignored our request and let the puppy out. After letting her out she was able and did chew on our belongings. After this stay I WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GM02821, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this review, July 17, 2009
The urine stains did come from their dog, and additionally, when they did lock their puppy in the bathroom, it scratched the bottom of the door severely. After this guest complained heavily to me, I decided to let them walk away with out being charged. We are a fair establishment, and only attempt to charge guests for incidentals when they did actually cause damage. A refund was issued to them, and if they did not receive it, they made no attempt to contact me again. Please know that I address all guest complaints and comments personally. Thank you, Andrew Stewart General Manager.
el paso tx us
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

it has a nice view, clean the room, quite, a non smoking rooms, the beach was acroos the hotel!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

I really enjoyed the place. I liked the location and the staff was very personable. The room was clean and newly remodeled. I'll definitely be back. I

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Shoccking
arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

For a hundred bucks a night you would expect to be able to walk between the tv and the beds. You can, but just barely, tiny rooms. The carpet was disgusting, there was no walk off mat by the door, I was afraid to walk without shoes, even walking in socks only was a mistake. Bathroom needed to be upgraded, one of the beds should be replaced. Overall we were quite disappointed. With a name like Ramada you would think you couldn't go wrong. I guess not anymore.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

After reading the reviews from 2008 I was hesitant in staying at the Ramada Inn in Oceanside. But, to my surprise I found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The staff was very cordial and bent over backwards to make my stay very pleasant. The hotel was close to freeway access, the beach was within walking distance, the high speed internet worked very well and the breakfast had an excellent selection of food. The next time I come to San Diego, I will definately be making my reservations at the Ramada Inn in Oceanside.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business