“Good basic hotel”
Review of Ramada Oceanside

Ramada Oceanside
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Easy check-in. Helpful staff, although maids did not return on day 3 to clean our room. Difficult getting in and out of small parking spaces and 1 night I had to park on the street. Had to ask for a fourth towel for our room. Beds very comfortable. Small room and had only 2 cheap paper cups for 4 people. Shower nice, rooms are dated. Good location with lots of nearby restaurants. Nice breakfast offering hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels,oatmeal, fresh waffles, coffee, fresh fruit and more.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the busy street of Mission. The Mexican restaurant was delicious!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will look into the issues you experienced to ensure we handle these situations. Thank you for letting me know about them. As with all of our reviews, I share them with my staff so that they know how our guests are experiencing our accommodations. Feedback helps us identify and correct any issues as well as lets us know what we are doing well in order to continue to live up to our guest's expectations. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Good location. Very humid during our visit and the a/c didn't do much to help.A/C and fridge turned off when you arrive.Still have old comforters but they have them all folded at the end of the bed to make it look like the new throws that just go across the bottom of the bed.Parking is awful, my husband is a great parker and he could hardly get in and out of the spaces, I feel sorry for those last people who come in for the evening. No pool or hot tub. Bed is very hard which I like. Didn't go for breakfast my husband wasn't impressed very basic waffles, hard boiled eggs,and some fruit, these days hotel breakfasts are getting pretty big I guess Ramada hasn't caught up.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steffandmark2
Andrew S, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize that our A/C and frigs are turned off upon your arrival. We do this to save on energy and also because a lot people do not use the frig while staying with us and would be a complete waste of our energy in the summer time. We have also slated all of our older comforters to be replaced in the next month with a clean white comforter that will greatly improve the feel of the bed. I also apologize for the tight parking, we are trying to combat this issue by requiring 2nd vehicles from each room to be parked on the adjacent street to allow for better parking for our guests traveling with only one vehicle. I will also see what I can do about expanding the breakfast items. We currently are above the brand standard for items we serve, but I will ensure we taylor the menu to accommodate a more complete list of items. We always welcome suggestions and would love to hear from each guest on how we can improve as well as what we do well. Thank you again for your feedback, I will ensure your thoughts do not go unnoticed.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Pros - great location off the I-5 and near the 76. Just a few blocks from the downtown area and a little more to the beach. The ladies in the breakfast room were attentive and helpful. The A/C in the room works well.

Cons - Our room was old and not well maintained. Room had a desk and comfortable chair, but chair was too wide for someone to sit in it and another to pass behind. The vinyl on the chair was torn. The towels in the bathroom didn't match and were covered in dirt and hair. The hotel hasn't switched to triple sheeting and still has the horrible comforters that rarely get washed. The weather stripping around the door was gone so you could see outside when the door was closed. Parking was hard to find after 8pm.

Average - the breakfast was an average expanded continental breakfast. Bagels, sandwich bread, and Danish, 4 types of cereal and 2 types of instant oatmeal, 2-3 flavors of yogurt and whole fruit, hard boiled eggs, cook to order waffles, juice and coffee. This is a motel with exterior hallways, meaning the rooms can get a little noisy but not horribly so. There is one elevator for the whole hotel, which is slow. There is no pool but the beach is 7 blocks away.

For the same price we stayed at the La Quinta, Oceanside which had more space, newer/cleaner furniture/amenities, and a better breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank vegaswithkids
Andrew S, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello and thank you for your review. Also, thank you for giving us a comment card at the hotel directly so that we can address and correct the issues specifically. I will ensure each and every point you have mentioned gets it's proper attention. Just as a note, we have new furniture on the way and will greatly improve the overall feel to the room. Also, we wash the white comforter after each check out and as needed for our guests that are staying multiple nights with us. We have corrected the weather stripping in the room. I agree that the La Quinta has superior rooms and quality and in fact, we are working towards the standards set forth by our sister hotel. We manage both hotels and have spent the last 5 years reconditioning the Ramada to reflect the quality and comfort established by the La Quinta in Oceanside. We will always look for ways to improve and we really appreciate it when our guests let us know what we can improve upon as well as what we do well. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and I assure you we will improve daily.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Alexander A
Andrew S, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have enjoyed my stay at this facility. The rooms are very clean and the maids are very nice. The front desk staff was very helpful. The very well dressed skinny guy was on point. Even the overnight big guy was helpful. The tv is good with good channel selection. Overall this hotel is one of the best in the Oceanside area I recommend if with 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will ensure my staff sees your kind words and give them the proper kudos they deserve. As with all of our reviews, I let my staff know what we are doing well and what needs improvement. This is the only way we know how to gauge how we are really doing. We look forward to seeing you again while staying with us.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were one of the unfortunate families to be evacuated during the May fires, and we could not have picked a better place to stay that was pet friendly. I originally booked online, and when I got there to check in (which they allowed us to do early at no charge!!), the gentleman working the desk let me know that they had dropped their rates for the evacuees, and let me know how to get the difference back from the company I booked through. They also had a pack'n'play for me to use for my littlest guy at no extra charge (thank goodness, mine did not make the shortlist of things to toss and go). I can't say enough how friendly and helpful the front desk staff was, I think the first gentlemen I talked to was Brian, and the second day I think his name was possibly Adam (no offense meant if I can't remember your names, my mind was elsewhere). The breakfast was slightly better than typical continental, served in a clean room with a very nice lady keeping it stocked and fresh. This hotel has made a loyal customer out of me with their behavior during that stressful time. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JayMay711

Thank you very much for the kind words and review. We were glad we could assist in that difficult time. I am proud of my staff for the way they were able to accommodate so many people in such a short amount of time. I made sure we did not gouge the evacuees that needed to stay with us and lowered the rate while also making sure anyone who booked at a higher rate had the opportunity to get a refund. I am most glad that nearly everyone we had the pleasure of serving, was able to go back to their homes intact. Again, we really appreciate the thoughtfulness of your words and we look forward to assisting in any way we can in the future.