“Fantastic Rooms, Excellent Service.”

Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis
“Fantastic Rooms, Excellent Service.”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

This place was well worth it. The rooms are brand new, very modern. Spacious and great for families. Great Amenities at the hotel too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
LA
Reviewed March 25, 2009

excellent hotel.. the rooms & beds were clean until my dirty Gf messed them up.
Free champagne in the rooms was a nice touch.
Not enough towels though (is there ever?)....

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DaBrit
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Our family of five adults and one toddler stayed here for five nights. The two-bedroom, two-bath accommodations worked out very well for us. The hotel was very quiet, the beds were quite comfortable, the staff was friendly and we found the complimentary hot breakfast to be the best of any hotel we have stayed in. The Oceanside location is a bit far from the theme parks but within a 30-45 minute drive of most everywhere we visited. We'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank WiscMom
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Residence Inn. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. The staff was curteous and helpful. The housekeeping staff was a little lacking, we had to request certain itemsfrom the front dest that should have been replenished daily by housekeeping. I have already recommended this hotel to associates. The outdoor seating area was perfect for relaxing in the evening.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Bavaria
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a summer weekend. The rooms are really great, tastefully decorated, clean, spacious and well equipped. Check-in was friendly and efficient.

However, the breakfast service was terrible. Tables were never cleaned and supplies were never restocked. The door to the breakfast staff's room was closed and nobody answered our knocking, so we could not ask for more. There is certainly need for improvement there!

As it was a summer weekend, the pool area was crowded, and a child's birthday party was going on there from morning to evening, so the only occasion we could get a swim was to wait until later in the evening. The pool was great on Monday morning, though.

All in all I am not sure if the situation we found at this hotel justifies the relatively high rates. I might go back - the rooms are really great! - but certainly not on a summer weekend. If you are just looking for a hotel not on but NEAR one of the beautiful California beaches with nice rooms and good service and pool, consider the Holiday Inn at Santa Ana (I have also posted a review of that hotel.) The rooms there are not as good as those at the Residence Inn Oceanside, but in all other respects the Holiday Inn offers better amenites - at half the price.

• Liked — beautiful rooms
  • Disliked — breakfast
1 Thank LizBavaria
Oceanside, CA
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I stayed at the Residence Inn-Oceanside for a week while my house was being remodeled. The housekeepers were terrible. Everytime I asked for towels or cleaning they looked upset and unhappy that they had to do their job. One evening I called for towels for my children and the front desk employee asked me to come down from the 3rd floor to retrieve them myself. Since I was with my children and my husband was on military duty, I could not leave my precious children unattended in the room alone. Luckily my brother lived near by, so I called him and he brought towels up and emptied our trash. On another occasion, while walking down the hall looking for housekeeping, I witnessed a housekeeper watching Spanish Soap Operas in another tendants room. Service is terrible at this hotel. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The service. Housekeeping was terrible. One of the front desk employees was very rude.
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Quality1Counts
RIOceanside, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Hello and thank you for your review. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. It is never our intention to dissappoint our guests and I deeply apologize for the poor service you received during your stay. There is never an excuse for poor service. Please let me know when you plan on coming back to the area and let us make your stay much more pleasant. I hope this reaches you well. Have a wonderful day.
previse
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We enjoyed our stay. The staff is friendly and helpful; breakfast excellent; the room spacious and attractive. Everything in the room worked. (In my experience this is somewhat unusual.) Although pricey, this is a nice place. We visit the area frequently and plan to stay here again.
But nobody’s perfect. When we arrived garbage can in the kitchen was overflowing and there was a hairy bar of soap in the tub presumably left by the previous occupant.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)