“Nice Place To Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Beaverton, OR
“Nice Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Start off with a very nice easy check in by fantastic staff. Room was very clean and well stocked with towels and pillows for the bed. The bed was comfy, the kitchen was clean and in good working order. Breakfast was very good and the staff kept up with demand. The evening reception was nice, but it is not dinner. More of a snack type thing. Not far from the beach, Oceanside has a pretty nice beach and a good fishing pier. I would stay here again if in Oceanside

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about my experience in this hotel. From the start I was treated wit kindness and professional service from Sarah the Sales-coordinator and my family and I are big fans on Christin at the front desk! Staff was awesome through and through and when my little girl threw a fit one night the staff jumped into action and my daughter had a princess crown around her head with a smile on her face.

Rooms were super clean, hotel clean, and hotel is very nice looking outside and in. The beds were comfortable and the sofa bed was comfortable as well.

Loved that their is not only complimentary breakfast but 3 nights a week they do a complimentary dinner as well! Big cost savings for my little family.

Beaches are easy access and there are grocery stores nearby.

We were so pleased with our experience at this hotel! I recommend this property to anyone coming to the area with lodging needs.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Michael G
Indio, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We enjoyed our stay of 4 days and wished it was longer. Studio was very roomy with lots of storage space and included small dining table. Kitchen was very well equipped. Breakfast (free) had good choices & manager's special social with beer/wine & food that was enough to be your dinner again complimentary. Quite a savings especially if you have a family. It is pet friendly and was nice to see a few dogs. Pool was great but it was cool so not busy. This would definitely be our hotel of choice in the area. Oh, we found the beds to be very comfortable and it was very
quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dorothy N
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great rooms and friendly staff. I particularly enjoy the modern kitchens and fixtures in the suites. Staff greets me like an old friend when I return each day. Great full breakfast buffet with a few different choices each morning and evening manager's receptions that often can be a full meal. For travelers hoping to "bank" some per diem, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: one and two bedroom units are available as well as studios.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ripper4
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect when we booked this place - however the reviews were good and you can't really go wrong with a Marriott product.

The rooms were huge and very well appointed. The beds were on the hard side - but I prefer that versus a cushy mattress. The pool was outside my window but there wasn't much noise - and we decided to enjoy the hot tub after dinner - great after a couple rounds of golf.

And the best part was that it was within stumbling distance of Rosina's - where we had one of the greatest Italian experiences ever ... check it out if you're staying here.

All in all - great value for the money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barry P
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Staff was generally nice except for one person. Maid service was great. Room was very clean. Breakfast and evening social was fine but the eggs had no seasoning. We had the following additional issues.
1.Beds were hard and uncomfortable.
2.Furniture in room old and very ucomfortable.
3.Ice machine in fridge was not turned on and when we asked for ice we were told to come and get it ourselves. When I mentioned that was bad service the front desk person gave me a dirty look and said she didn't have anyone to get it. When we got to the room a person "magically" appeared to get ice for us.
4.Smoking on the patio and pool area made it impossible for us to enjoy the pool, hot tub, fire pit or babecue area in the evening without breathing huge amounts of cigarette smoke, Even the staff smoked there. When we talked to the front desk the response was Aaawwww (in other words, too bad). By the way, there was a no smoking sign on the doors leading to the patio area and we were assured at check in it was a "no smoking facility" (front desk quote).
5. The warming dishes were not turned on for the breakfast. All the food was dangerously cold. It wasn't noticed until we showed the staff.
6.We had to ask for additional decaf coffee after the room was cleaned.
7.Kitchenette area was nice but no dish soap was provided if you wanted to wash dishes instead of using the dishwasher. When asked, the staff would not provide it even though it was available downstairs (we saw it in a case).
8.No safe in the room and boxes at the desk were too small for a laptop.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wttwphoto
Joshua B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel here in Oceanside. We are grateful for all comments as they either reinforce good behavior, such as the nice staff you mentioned, or allow us to correct deficiencies. I would really like the opportunity to discuss with you more details of your stay so I can address them specifically with the team. Please feel free to contact me directly at josh.brandon@marriott.com or my direct line 760-547-5820. We are always striving to improve and I really do appreciate the time you took to post a review.

Hope to speak with you soon,
Josh Brandon
Yuma, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were happy when Marriott opened up some properties in Oceanside. We visit there often and the two locations couldn't be any closer to my folks house. We really enjoy Residence Inns and this one is no exception. You are always greeted with a friendly smile and hello. The staff really care about your comfort and well being. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. We have had both the studios and the one bedrooms and both are very nice. The room was clean and well equiped for extended stays. The only thing with Marriott is how uncomfortable the couch and chairs are in the sitting area. I would love to see a recliner in there. I usually sit in the office chair. I guess Bill M doesn't try this stuff out before he equips the rooms. The other beef is how difficult it is to get a Coke at a Marriott hotel. I have heard some interesting stories about why Pepsi is the soda of choice. Well both small things because everything else more than makes up for an uncomfortable chair and no Coke. The Residence Inn also provides breakfast which is OK. There is usually a pretty good variety and they change it a bit every day. My advice is go down early. We were there for 4 nights this time and made it to breakfast during the last half hour of their serving time. A number of pans were empty and although they were eventually replenished the stuff on the plate was cold. The next morning we were there earlier and every thing was available and still hot. The people working the dining room work hard I thank them for being there.

Room Tip: Corner one bedroom suites are nice. Top floor is best for some reason there is always someone that...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple