“We'll be back!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

2nd time staying in this location with the family in a year. Great location; close to so many fun things, good restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy, etc. Really nice service; nice pool and recreational fun too (sport court, nice pool/hot tub, gym, etc.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Residence Inn Oceanside was probably the best room I have experienced on a vacation. The rooms are huge and feel brand new. The hotel staff was helpful, but we didn't interact much. The complimentary breakfast we excellent, but go early because the area becomes crowded later in the morning. Parking was convenient, the area is quiet, and there are a few local restaurants in an adjoining strip mall. But, unless you are on a local business trip, nothing is close to this hotel.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stick with the first floor to avoid waiting for the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A first timer at Residence Inn Oceanside, staying here for 2 nights. Overall a good value, got a great discount from AAA. The hotel is quite clean and the room we stayed is spacious with a nice kitchenette and a big fridge and microwave. It is fairly quiet here even though there were lots of families with kids checking in for the weekend. The staff here are so friendly and helpful. It is not too far from Carlsbad Premium Outlets and the Flower Fields. The pool looks nice and the lobby is clean and big. We will not hesitate to return here again if we ever go back to Oceanside, thanks a lot Marriott!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank schtib8
Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Let me first start by saying that I'm not too picky and I usually let things roll off my back, so most of the negative things in my review didn't really bother me all that much. However, I wanted to bring them up in case you are bothered by things like these.

For positives, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were great and the room was clean.

Negatives: When we checked in, our room wasn't ready and we had to wait about 30 minutes for the maids to clean it.

The smell of the nearby landfill, or whatever it is, is definitely noticeable. I didn't really care, but I could see how some people would not enjoy it. I couldn't smell it in the room, only outside.

We tried the free dinner one night, which started at 6:00 pm, but we had to wait until about 6:45 pm to get any pizza because there were so many people waiting there. When our turn finally came the pizza was burned and we decided to just go across the parking lot to a Roberto's that's there.

The door to our room wouldn't shut right and it turned out that we could just push the door open from the outside even though it felt like it was shut. We felt lucky that we had noticed this before we left for Legoland the next day. We called the front desk and the maintenance man came to fix it. He was really nice and spent about 45 minutes drilling and messing around with the door. He was able to get the door to actually latch and, since it was late, we told him to just come back tomorrow. I'm not sure if he ever came back, but the deadbolt never did work right.

All in all, I think it was an average stay, hence the 3 stars. There are a couple other hotels in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area that we've stayed in that were better but I'd guess there are also some that are worse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank xeriman
Joshua B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our friendly team, our complimentary full hot breakfast and your clean room. These are the three most important things for most of our guests and I am pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. There is a City of Oceanside mulch facility a mile west of us that is included in the city’s goal of zero waste. Occasionally we do get a fresh earth smell outside. Fortunately, they are building a new facility and should have it transitioned in the coming weeks as they make way for a new Sports and Park complex to encompass several hundred acres. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will come see us again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We love this Residence! Beautiful, clean hotel, with great rooms and amenities. The kids loved the pool. Friendly, helpful staff, close to the beach and lots of other attractions. Not too far from Legoland and just a quick jump to Sea World. Super breakfasts that are included, with your stay and shopping near by. Will always stay here when we are in Oceanside!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 months while waiting to deploy in 2011 and again in October 2012 when I returned from deployment. It was the best experience I've ever had at any hotel. I always enjoy myself at Marriotts but this one by far took the trophy. From the time I checked to when I checked out I was treated like family by the front desk personal as well as the housekeeping staff. They all seem to have a great working relationship with each other and if they don't I sure as heck couldn't tell due to their everlasting friendliness and everlasting smiles. I have so many great memories from this place that I will never forget. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fantabulous experience. I guarantee you will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank BunkT
Kiyomi C, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi Tre,

Thank you for the kind words! Your comments really capture the essence of Residence Inn's service - "Everlasting Friendliness and Everlasting Smiles!" On behalf of the whole team, it was such a pleasure getting to know you and a treat to welcome you back home!

We look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

Kiyomi
Henderson, Nevada, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was my family's first time staying at this Res. Inn - but it won't be our last! Friendly & helpful staff, clean & comfortable rooms, great location- close to shopping, restaurants and about 10 minutes to the beach AND we enjoyed the best breakfasts' we've ever had at a Res. Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family