“Go where the locals go!”
Review of Beach Break Cafe

Beach Break Cafe
Ranked #1 of 396 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Cool surf atmosphere, outrageous seafood omelettes and I could eat an entire pan of the coffee cake by itself! The french toast crunch was unique and delicious. Less than 30 minute wait on Saturday morning at 11a.

2  Thank Josh-and-Malena

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and food! Coffee cake was amazing! Huge portions! Good luck finishing your plate! Hash was by far the best I've ever had, period!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Enjoyed our breakfast. Took a while to get our meals because the kitchen was backed up but we didn't mind the wait (except for our whiny 18-year old because he was sooo hungry). Very friendly staff. You can see why it's a local favorite.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've been coming to Gary and Zell's restaurant. Surfing is supreme here. It fits Oceanside perfectly.

The food is hearty, tasty, and fresh. The omelette here is a masterpiece--fluffy, moist, and packed with ingredients. The hash browns are the best I've ever had.

Show up on a weekend and you'll wait for a while. But it's worth it.

1  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This spot was recommended by a local at the gas station. My family and I decided to take him on his word and were not disappointed. We arrive to a small packed parking lot and find someone leaving. We are greeted by a friendly staff and offered coffee while we wait for our table. My family ordered breakfast and were served huge portions of hashed browns and omelets. I decided to order lunch since it was already 11:00, so I went with the fish tacos recommended by the waitress. I attached a photo so you can see the huge portion. The tacos were very good. Oh, and the prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend this to anyone in the area.

1  Thank eric2000f