“The Best View in Town and a real Legacy” 5 of 5 stars

Southern California Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“The Best View in Town and a real Legacy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I have been traveling to the Southern California Beach Club for years now. I love it. They always exceed my expectations. Always a Beautiful Ocean View and I love the sound of the waves crashing at night. The Staff is always very pleasent and I have been coming here since I was much younger and the best Part about it is there is a Legacy at the Beachclub. I remember when the Front Desk Manager April's Grandmother and Mother Manager this Resort. In true form they have obviously passed on their exceptional customer service and genuine Kindness to not only familur faces but to stragners as well. It really gives it that extra warmth when I check in a real home away from home.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Purplewarrior

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Staying at Southern California Beach Club for four days brought me back twenty years of lifes enjoyment that I have been missing . My stay here has really made me remember and realized what enjoyment and relaxation is truly about.

The staff at this resort is definiatly 5 Star quality and should receive a reward for their customer service skills. Although the resort has very few amenities (but we knew this prior to confirming our stay) the unit was well equipt with all that we needed and more. It truely had the beneifits of being in our own home away from home. The resort is very clean and family friendly.

The surrounding areas offered so much in regards to resturants and family activities. And the BEACH what a wonderful clean beach. I will not only recommend oceanside as a destination to all my friends and family here in Alabama but also recommend for them to stay only at the Southern California Beach Club.

Thank you Southern California Beach Club for making our vacation with you one to cherish forever.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zimmer_Family
Napa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

Great spot right on the beach. The view was amazing. The blue decor in the unit cast a blue light. This combined with the sound of the ocean sucked the stress right out of me.They also had beach cruisers for guests to use. it was great to ride over to Colimas, a little buritto place down the street, best green sauce ever. Parking was a little tight so if you can bring the Subaru instead of the Suburban, I would reccomend it. I photographed at a golf course called Shadow Ridge tha was really nice as well. The staff was really sweet and helpful especially April and Ashley.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
sacrametno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

What a wonderful experience! From the warm, welcoming hotel staff to the beach front location, this hotel is top-notched. Although I was in Oceanside for business, my day easily transformed to leisure whenever I was in this amazingly serene hotel. How easy it was to start my day when I knew I could walk outside to be greeted by the relaxing sight and sound of the ocean. And it was comforting to know that after a busy day, I could return to a place where I could easily unwind. The entire place was spacious (kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, and bedroom). With a full kitchen and dining room, I had the option to enjoy a quiet dinner without the hassle of having to go out to a busy restaurant. I especially enjoyed the patio where I was able to sit and relax under the stars. And if I felt like taking a walk on the beach before bedtime, I merely had to take a few steps before my feet were touching the cool sands. I enjoyed going to bed as I watched movies on the widescreen TVs. There was one in both the living room and bedroom. Outside of business, I found myself not having to drive very much because stores and restaurants were nearby. So, my car stayed safe and sound in the secured covered parking garage below. What more could I ask for? There is no doubt that the Southern California Beach Club is by far my favorite place to stay in Oceanside. I was so impressed that I left there with a handful of brochures to share with friends back home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
La Quinta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed at the Beach Club in July and although the beach was pretty crowded and although I didnt have an Oceanview it was still a pleasent stay. We didn't realize there wouldnt be A/C but the ocean breeze was nice. Having worked in the resort industry I am very critical of customer service and this staff met and exceeded my expectations. Very friendly Always said hello and goodbye if I was coming or going. I have never stayed at a place as close to the ocean then this and for those last two reasons I will come back to this resort.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — No A/C
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bradvano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oceanside
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Palms
Oceanside Marina Suites
#15 of 28 in Oceanside
3.5 of 5 stars 397 reviews
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort

Been to Southern California Beach Club? Share your experiences!