Southern California Beach Club
Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$158
$129
$269
$179
Residence Inn
$168
$139
Best Western Oceanside Inn(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$94
$89
Days Inn Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$110
$100
SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$184
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$125
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
$129
$125
  • Pool
$88
All reviewsbeach chairsboogie boardswithin walking distanceresort feeocean viewfiltered waterhalf bathsand toysone bedroom unitbeach cruisersassigned parkingoceanside piertime sharefull kitchengreat resortbeautiful roomresort staff
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at southern California Beach Club during the month of April! Got a great deal on the room! I got a free upgrade to a two bedroom condo! The staff are very nice! Our two bedroom was great had everything you need! The property is right on the beach! Great location! Does not have a pool! But does have a jacuzzi, we enjoyed the property! We will be back

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jackie n
jdaronco, General Manager at Southern California Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hi jackie n,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Southern California Beach Club. We're so glad you and your family had such a wonderful stay with us in April. We're thrilled you enjoyed your two-bedroom condo and that it fit you and your family's needs. We look forward to welcoming you all back again in the future!

Happy Vacationing!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I got this exchange through RCI for July 4th week. I was visiting family in SOCAL. This resort is right on the beach (a little access road runs between resort and beach). It is a short walk to the pier, restaurants, shopping and entertainment. I only spent three days at the resort, but enjoyed my time there. This is a well-maintained property and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful in providing any assistance needed.

Unit Features: I had a one bedroom overlooking the courtyard, with a side view of the beach and ocean. It had a balcony that could be accessed from both the bedroom and the living area. It had a full kitchen that was well-equipped, a bathroom with separate vanity area, a nice sized bedroom with dresser and closet storage, and living area with a sleep sofa. Everything was clean and well-maintained. Be aware that there is no air conditioning in the units. I don't think that I was aware of this when I exchanged. I may have been apprehensive about staying there in July with no a/c had I known. It did not bother us. With the doors and windows open, we were always comfortable with a nice breeze blowing through. The temperatures in Oceanside were cooler than the surrounding areas.

Condition of Unit and Property: Everything was clean and well-maintained. All furnishings and carpeting were in excellent condition in the unit. All public areas of the resort were clean, well-maintained and presented a very nice appearance.

Any problems encountered such as check-in problems, room changes, etc.: We encountered no problems at all during our stay. Any time that we had a question or required assistance, the staff was always willing to help out or provide information.

Planned Resort Activities such as welcome parties, barbecues, kid programs, and outings: I cannot comment on any resort activities. I know that they had several things going on during the week. They provided a listing in the info packet, as well as posted the daily activity on the unit doors.

Resort Amenities: The resort has a hot tub, but no pool. There were bikes, boogie boards, chairs, umbrellas (I think), sand toys and more that could be checked out at no charge to guests. We checked out a couple of bikes during our stay and enjoyed riding them around town and along the beach area. There is a parking garage on-site with assigned parking. WIFI was available in the unit. There were gas grills and tables and chairs in the courtyard area. There is an elevator, as well as laundry facilities on-site.

Staff Friendliness and Responsiveness: This resort had great staff that were always friendly and helpful, and ready to make the vacation stay a great one.

Convenience to Area Attractions: We found the location of the resort very convenient (either riding bikes or walking) for shopping, restaurants and enjoying the beach. Oceanside is a very convenient location for exploring areas of SOCAL both north and south of the City.

Additional fees assessed: There was a daily amenities/parking fee charged. It was just under $16 per day. Since it included parking, WIFI and the opportunity to check out bikes and beach gear, we found the fee reasonable.

Suitability of Resort for couples, families, relaxing, partying, etc. The is a great SOCAL resort that would suit just about anyone looking for either relaxation or a "good" time. There were couples and families staying at the resort and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I would definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Egret1986061
jdaronco, General Manager at Southern California Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Egret1986061,

WOW! Thank you for the wonderfully detailed review! We appreciate the time you spent in creating a very through and engaging summary of your getaway.
We look forward to your next visit and we hope to provide another great vacation!

Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I loved the fact that this was not a large resort. The resort staff was fantastic. The little touches were appreciated. We asked about a grocery store and they immediately handed us the directions. We were able to check out beach chairs and sand toys. We were fortunate to have a studio facing the ocean. I had always wanted to be steps from the beach. All questions were answered efficiently. We were close to the pier and enjoyed eating at Ruby's a couple of nights. Our grandson loved staying here and hope we come again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary B

MaryB,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at The Southern California Beach Club! We hope you are able to return soon so we can spoil you all over again!
Happy Vacationing!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The location is great, right across the beach. The Oceanside pier is less than 5 min walk. Shops, restaurants and movies on Mission Street are also a walking distance away. You can checkout a bicycle and ride it around town. The resort staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and clean. The only problem is the fact that the rooms don't have air conditioning. That's a deal breaker to me. They get really hot in the summer and it's impossible to enjoy being inside or sleep in 78 degree heat. The fans in the room don't cool it enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JackieSnack
jdaronco, General Manager at Southern California Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear JackSnack,

We were thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation, enjoyed the resort, and liked Oceanside. We apologize that you were not advised that we do not have air conditioning. Being right on the ocean there are about 5-10 days a year that are overly warm. Usually, the cool ocean air keeps all our rooms cool and comfortable for our guests. If I may ask you to email me directly so I may communicate directly with you. I would like to find out how you made your reservation, so I can follow-up to ensure that source is properly informing guests that we do not have air conditioning. I don't want that to be a surprise to any other guest! You can reach me at jdaronco@gpresorts.com.
Thank you again, and happy vacationing!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is our very favorite resort for our family. we love the off season as much as the warm summers. The staff at the Beach Club are exceptional! The front desk manager always makes us feel most welcome and comfortable. We just had a 4 week vacation there and I could have spent much more time without being bored. There is always something to do in the area if you choose. The sea, beach, wonderful weather just add to the enjoyment. The manager has upgraded all of the units and is constantly making improvements. We have been enjoying the SCBC for over 20 years and have many of our extended family doing the same.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank barbara n
jdaronco, General Manager at Southern California Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Barbara N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience on Trip Advisor! We are always so happy to see you arrive and are thrilled that you continue to have a great vacation experience. We also hate to see you leave...let's see if you can stay longer on your next visit!
Until then, we look forward to serving you on your next vacation!