“End of the Pier” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #11 of 385 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“End of the Pier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We arrived just before the lunch rush. Unfortunately, we were too late for breakfast items. We were seated immeidately. Food took longer than usual to arrive, but it's a tourist place so we didn't expect fast service. There were plenty of people there already.

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the view. We weren't seated next to a window, but could still see the ocean view.

We had the usual Ruby's Diner fare and milkshakes, which was good. No complaints.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Great Location But Poor Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Superb location at the end of the Oceanside Pier, great retro diner look and 10% discount with my Wyndham key card that made me really want like this place but it just didn't deliver. Ruby's is a CA chain but this was my first time in one. The place could have been cleaner and the booth I sat in was had a ripped uneven seat. For lunch I had The Next Generation Rubyburger. It was tasty but very small for the money and came with fries that were just so-so. My wife had the Shrimp Avacado Cocktail which was also spiced. The shrimp were small and she said it was just average tasting; poor value for the money. We shared a basket of onion rings which looked good but were tasteless and served cold. Wait service was friendly but food service was slow.

Wanting to give them one more chance I went alone for breakfast two days later. My waitress was very friendly and sharing video of dolphins playing just off the pier she took on her phone that morning. The food service was again slow and the floor was not clean. I had the eggs Benedict. The poached eggs and potatoes were well prepared but the Hollandaise sauce tasted only of butter, not even a hint of lemon flavor.

Based on my two visits I cannot recommend the food here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
“Pretty in pink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our 50's diner authentically dressed and groomed waitress, the cranberry brie turkey sandwich, the cherry shake, the sunset... It was an overdose of pink, and a fabulous one at that. Combined with the seafood combo dinner, it was a feast for the tummy.... and for the eyes. A most enjoyable evening in a very authentically recreated environment. With the whole Pacific Ocean as an extra.

• Visited November 2013
Fribourg, Switzerland
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I eat an excellent American breakfast - Eggs, Waffles, cofee , orange juice, ...
The decoration ==> Typical american style from the 50's

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Terrific breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

At the end of Oceanside pier. Great views, huge omelets Light and yummy blueberry pancakes, Coffee was hot and smooth. Waitress fun and helpful.

Visited December 2013