“Enjoyed”
Review of Hunter Steakhouse

Hunter Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hunter Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 387 Restaurants in Oceanside
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stewart St.
chicago
“Enjoyed”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We strolled in while cruising up the coast. Walked in right in the middle of lunch/dinner time and it was scary empty. 3 of us ordered the prime rib and it was good. Not the greatest I've ever had, but I was satisfied. The service is wonderful. As dinner time neared, the place started filling in. As I people watched, it seemed most people were very satisfied. If I was in the area again, I would stop by and try other things on the menu. I thought the prices were very, Very reasonable. You'll see people super casual (beachwear), as well as evening casual. All in all, we were very pleased with our visit

Visited June 2014

boston
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were there for the early seating. party of 4 with a four year old. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. the whiskey sirlion tips were meh but the sirlion the other two got was very tender and good. The tableside salad bar was interesting and the house chili was good too if meatless. The price for the early specials still left a bit of a dent in our wallet.

Visited June 2014
palm desert ca
“Good meal”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very busy place with good service and prompt seating in a relatively quiet area, which we requested when making our reservation. Unique aspect was a table-side salad bar where you can choose your own ingredients. The steaks were tender, done to order, with little waste. The side potatoes and hot vegetables were good, and there were many other choices-onion rings, etc.
My usual pet peeve: No soft drinks listed on the menu, therefore, no prices listed. What is a menu for ?

• Visited May 2014
“Find something different”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was told by a colleague to try this place and I found the place to be So-so at best. I would think you could find a lot better places for the same price. I don't use Outback Steakhouse, but that would be an upgrade from this place.

I had the NY Steak and the steak was cooked OK at best, but lacked seasoning. The vegetables were soaked in water. The salad was pre-made a few days ago and had water under the lettuce. The onion rings were over cooked and just not good.

This place was "THE" place in it's day, I think. They need a serious re-make and start with the chef's that think they are making decent dishes. This place could use a call to Restaurant Impossible to see if make over could be made.

• Visited April 2014
Carlsbad, California
“baby it's cold inside”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was really our first time here, and were looking forward to a great streak house experience. The menu is small, which i always see as a good sign, because that means they can concentrate on a few things and do them very well. WELL- lets just see. first the good news we went on a Monday night, and were seated right away, and our waitress was a delight. Now on to the food. we started with the app sampler (stuff mushrooms (boring) potatoes skins (incinerated) and breaded calamari strips (mostly bread that was limp and cold). Next salad/soup. I had a Caesar salad (okay) and hubby had corn chowder(really a potato soup, that had NO flavor at all). Main course--I had ribs, - they were fall off the bone tender, but they seemed to be pressure cooked with very little seasoning and the tiniest bit of bar-b-que sauce served on the side. hubby had whiskey peppercorn top sirloin, with a add on of shrimp scampi. Here is were thing went from very mediocre to down right terrible. When I grabbed one of the shrimp by the tail it was cold, the rest was lukewarm. I am guessing microwave?? The broccoli (served as one big spear--very unappealing) was also cold--cooked--but seriously cold. The steak was not good. It had no flavor. We don't eat much streak, and i would say I am no expert at cook them, but Hubby said I cook them better, then what he got. All of this came to 76 dollars!! we had not alcohol or dessert. Just down the road in Carlsbad there is KOKO. you can get basically the same thing at literally half the price. I was so disappointed because i really went in with the hope of finding a good streak house. This is not it.

• Visited February 2014