“Not as good as I expected by the reviews”
Review of Longboarder Cafe - CLOSED

Longboarder Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 14, 2008

My husband and I just moved to Oceanside. We are trying to find a good breakfast place and reading the reviews we decided to try this place two weekends ago.
When we put our name on the list, the host told us would take around 25 minutes. As we were waiting longer than that I asked the host if we could seat at the bar (as we saw that there were some stools available). She said there was waiting for everything. So I checked how far we were in her list and we were supposed to be the second people to seat as there were a party of 2 in front of us.
For my surprise after seating the people that was in front of us in the list they seated another couple (that they knew by name before us). We continued to wait until they put us on a table that was empty for probably more than 10 minutes. As everybody here rated their food so good I was expecting to eat some fluffy pancakes as described at the menu. Probably the pancakes are made from the box not from scratch as I was expecting, because they weren't fluffly.
We'll be living in Oceanside for at least 3 years and we were really looking for a place to be our breakfast place during this time. With the service we got from them they just lost a possible long time customer. I just don't think is fair that because they know some customers they have the right to seat them first. We are not coming back to this place.

1  Thank roadrunner077

Reviewed May 7, 2008

We had breakfast here 3 times during our 3 week vacation to Oceanside. Wonderful food and fantastic service keeps calling us back. We have a 1 yr old Son and the staff are always really helpful with the highchair etc. I recommend the Baja Eggs Benedict (a special) but it was delicious.

Reviewed March 31, 2008

Planned to go for Beach Break Cafe but is queue is too long then we take our second choice here -- which now we don't know whether this should be the first choice or we made a wrong first choice before. The guys are nice here -- especially to a family not so familiar to America Breakfast. Great environment which we can have a relax and enjoyable breakfast. I like the notes at restroom most -- you may know why later when you visit.

Reviewed January 21, 2008

Few restaurants fulfill my family's needs the way this one does by offering a neighborhood experience. But what's brought us back time and again is the good service coupled with the promise of great comfort food expertly prepared. I recommend the Hawaiian Scramble for breakfast and any of the burgers for lunch. Portions are generous and priced fairly.

Reviewed January 15, 2008

I recently ate breakfast at the longboarder and it was awesome! My friend and i ate there after surfing all morning and the portion was perfect for a hungry surfer. I had a california omelet with potatoes and toast. It tasted great and the servers were on it. The bathrooms were also very clean which is hard to find. Highly recommended!