“It feels like Hawaiin Jack in the Box”
Review of Ohana Hawaiian BBQ

You wrote a review for Ohana Hawaiian BBQ

3 hours ago

3.0 star rating

2/15/2018

Late lunch around 2:00 PM and only a few customers for take-out orders at this place. I was eating in and I asked for a Ohana Bowl - BBQ Chicken with steamed white rice and mixed vegetables - all for a $6.99. Now granted the Bowl was huge - with 2 big pieces of chicken (it was OK), a lot of rice (nothing special) and mixed vegetables (meah!). Is it really Hawaiian food? I don't know - never been to Hawaii, but hopefully some day!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Spam musibi, loco moco and manapua - missing my Honolulu days and the great food but this is a very good substitute and reasonable....L&L BBQ is more reasonable price wise but there isn't one close to me :-( so this is my go-to. So much better than Lekenas in Temecula CA (they are WAY overpriced) Give them a try!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016

I don't know about you, but food is my drug of choice... Food is love, and I am a love sponge.... If it wasn't for the fact that I am presently on active duty with the Marines, I would probably be about 50 pounds heavier than I presently am. I am a fine dining server/restaurant manager in my civilian occupation and I know how much energy and focus has to go into delivering a wonderful plate of food to a guest. This is not about fine dining... this is about sheer joy when you eat a meal that reminds you of growing up. I grew up in Hawaii and I can tell you that the greatest joy of living is spending a day on the beach with family and friends and then smelling Hawaiian BBQ chicken on the hibachi grill... I remember just salivating from the smoky, rich smell of the chicken... knowing that a big plate of rice, macaroni salad and that chicken would soon by mine to devour.

Fast forward to today... I am on a Marine base and five minutes from my house is Ohana Hawaiian BBQ... This means that after getting kicked in the teeth, attacked from every angle, worn down to a nub and just barely surviving another day, I can limp home, put on flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt and swim trunks and go get me a little slice of heaven.

The food is great... I am not going to spend too much of your time going over the dishes you should try but here goes a little sampling of what deliciousness awaits you:
For your first time, try the Mixed Plate. It is Teriyaki Beef, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken and Korean Kal-bi Short Ribs with two scoops of rice and a scoop of the most decadent macaroni salad you will ever have.
For your second time, try the Kalua Pork and Cabbage... smoky roasted pork and sweet green cabbage mixed together with the same rice and macaroni salad.
For your third time, try Chicken Katsu.... Fourth time, Loco Moco... Fifth time..... well... you get the idea.

Just go!!!!! You won't regret anything except that it took you this long to try it....

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

Had food on a rainy day. Called ahead. Food was hot and ready when we arrived. the BBQ beef was the best and it was ok. We had the BBQ chicken, katsu, and kahlua pork.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank 101brada

Been to Ohana Hawaiian BBQ? Share your experiences!