“Oasis of plants”
Review of Succulent Cafe - CLOSED

Succulent Cafe
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This place is a quiet oasis of succulents and ambience. Try the dirty chai and sit back and enjoy this wonderful space. I got some great ideas for plants but as I live in Canada I could not take anything plant wise with me. However a couple from further south were taking advantage of the plants for sale.

1  Thank Janemarialberta

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Authentic and charming for a quiet sit in relaxing surrounding just off Downtown O. Handy refuge for tourists staying in the downtown area - short walk from those hotels.

What is special is it Succs!
Succulents everywhere in myriad displays, many for sale in a walled calm courtyard. Its in a courtyard adjacent to an old Oceanside two story house with veranda and a two minute walk North of Downtown not far from train tracks, Inside you are in a different world.
It has a coffee cart embedded in plantings at the top of the court. Service was prompt and friendly and it was busy (but not overpowered by people) so we had to hang around for a table to clear. Food choices are limited as one would expect. We had bagels each and a Muffin and did not see any sandwiches. The coffee roast is not exactly to my liking (in my Americano) but it was fine. My wife enjoyed her latte. Prices were ok. If you come here primed to be ultra critical the you are beyond appreciating the calming effect of the place. In the end we had to tear ourselves away and throw ourselves into a busy world - too soon!

We admired the succulents and the creative displays. For serious collectors - you will not find any rarities here but a nice selection and some creative plantings. We bought a few plants to take home and sacrifice to the god of black thumbs.

Definitely will come back and with Fido (aka Tashi) next time.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This little courtyard coffee shop is an amazing place to visit. It reminded me of the story of The Secret Garden, tucked away beside a brick building in downtown Oceanside. The owner is an artist with succulents, and his vertical gardens are truly amazing - like living works of art. Come for a cup of coffee and a cookie, then stay to enjoy the serenity & beauty of the gardens. BONUS: You can buy the succulents right there if you like them!

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Great coffee very relaxing. This place is very cool but hard to find. We had a Spanish mocha just the right amount of spice and piping hot. Atmosphere is amazing.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not only is Peter's Café an amazingly relaxing and friendly place to hang out, the coffee is great and the selection is awesome. I can't wait to go back in a couple of months.