“Very slow service!”

Hello Betty Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Hello Betty Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 390 Restaurants in Oceanside
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hello Betty Fish House restaurant and bar provides a visual reflection of the local, eclectic characters of Oceanside's beach life, from the rebellious, thrill-seeking surfers to the rugged, sea-worn fishermen that have worked nearby for countless decades, Hello Betty fish house will be filled with unexpected twists of typical surfer, fishermen and fish-market textures.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food was excellent. I had the shrimp and fish tacos, added chipotle sauce, very tasty! However, the orders took a LONG time to come. So long in fact, that the waitress was embarrassed and we ended up with free desserts(they were not very good).

There are newer reviews for Hello Betty Fish House

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was a great restaurant. I got the seafood Cobb salad which I am already craving to have again. Plus, its one of the only restaurants in the area-that I could find- that serves Pepsi.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

There is an outside upstairs patio for drinks and appetizers. The food is great Bree is an awesome server who takes care of her guests. All dishes that the 9 of us were a hit. Definitely a place to visit for any reason.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

A few friends and I ate here last week on a Saturday afternoon. We arrived around 4:30 before the evening rush so we didnt have to wait for a table. We sat on the patio. Our server whose name I dont recall did a great job of updating us on our order and then checking on us. I had the street tacos-one with mixed smoked fish and the other with shrimp. Both were tasty, but a little overpriced. My friend had the orchards dessert and her husband tried the flan. Large enough to share so I tasted the housemade horchatta ice cream-wonderful! I think the tables are a bit close together but overall we had a good experience. By the time we left there was a wait so plan accordingly! Its still a "new" place.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had dined the night before at 333 Pacific and had had the best meal of our trip. Hello Betty was fine, but just did not compare.
In fairness, Hello Betty is a far more casual seafood eatery than 333 Pacific. We sat on the patio in the late evening at Hello Betty and very much enjoyed the view. Hello Betty has an extensive draft beer selection; I had two different beers and liked them both.
I was somewhat disappointed with the food. My appetizer was okay, but my main (a seafood bowl) was not very tasty and the portion was less than I expected for the price (I said in another review that we have become accustomed in the U.S. of A. to being served portions that are far too big for any reasonable person to eat; my main here was the exception).
When we sat down, our server explained that she was being shadowed by another server; I would have thought that we would, therefore, have had stellar service, but we did not. Part of that may have been because our servers were focusing on pleasing the spoiled child and his enabling parents at the table next to us; we tired quickly of listening to everyone try to find something that the adolescent would eat (I started humming the Veruca Salt song to myself until my husband kicked me under the table).
We'd go back for a beer on the patio. For food I'd look elsewhere.