“Now it is called Sushi King”
Review of Jf Japanese Cafe

Jf Japanese Cafe
Ranked #305 of 464 Restaurants in Oceanside
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stopped in for a big lunch here today.6/30/14 The place was deserted when we came in and there as a sign spinner out on Oceanside Blvd. working the traffic. This should have been a warning.
Had the Bento box that was just OK, the tempura was excellent, the teriyaki beef just fair. Had the fried oyster appetizer and made the daring choice of eating oysters in a month without an "R" in it...they weren't as good as I would have hoped. My own fault. The miso soup was downright tasteless. The bill with my companion was a bit pricy too, at $44.00 . The owners are Taiwanese, and have decided to re-invent the restaurant with a broader Asian menu, adding to the old Japanese cuisine. Bottom line: Average food; and somewhat expensive. Might return, but I think there are better choices in this price point.

Date of visit: June 2014

Been to Jf Japanese Cafe? Share your experiences!