“Great location and helpful service”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were within walking distance of the beach. Our room was larger than I expected and had a kitchen sink. The staff was very helpful when we asked for extra towels for our second night. Our main destination was Lego Land and the trip to the Oceanside beach was a bonus. The nine year old and six year old had no problem making the walk to the ocean.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor if you have kids with you. We entered through the rear where the parking was...
1  Thank Stan F
Andrew S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us and in Oceanside. Thank you for highlighting our proximity to the beach as well as the amenities in your room. We look forward to your next visit to Oceanside and I can guarantee we will work our hardest to improve even more and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

MY EXPECTATIONS: Needed a comfy and affordable place near enough to Temecula for a couple of days, and wanted a top-floor room to take in the fresh sea breeze and ocean view. MY REALITY: Got everything but an ocean-view room, i.e. b/c all guest room windows were on the side of the hotel building, so the only ocean-front view you can get is at the end of the hallway or stairwell. Also, at night I kept my window open, but the traffic noise below really spoiled the experience. The following morning, I was really let down by the poorly designed breakfast nook--you could've reached over to the table *next* to yours without having to get up off your chair--as well as the hard biscuits, paper-thin strips of bacon, and (don't laugh) *hard-boiled* eggs. (My previous La Quinta Inn experience in Richmond, VA offered up breakfast items such as Jimmy Dean sausage patties, scrambled eggs, fresh citrus and bananas, and assortment of fresh (not watered-down) fruit juices, including orange, apple, and pomegranate, not to mention a spacious breakfast room.) I decided after that awful breakfast experience to shop for groceries for my next day's breakfast. CONCLUSION: Good price at a great location, but you should avoid breakfast. Instead, go and buy groceries--you have a fridge and microwave oven in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Andrew S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize that your stay was less than your expectations. We strive for excellence in all areas we can control. Our building is located next to PCH/Highway 1 and it does get some noise from the road, but we can only reduced the noise, not eliminate it. So we have two sets of windows on all of rooms which almost completely eliminates all road noise. I do also apologize that our rooms do not face any ocean views. We do our best to only advertise what we can offer our potential guests. We do have 2 rooms on our property that offer an ocean view but since those rooms are limited, we do not openly promote our location as having ocean views. We do have plans for the near future to expand and open up the breakfast and lobby area. This will allow us to offer more items in our breakfast menu as well as more spacious seating for our guests. As of now, we alternate our bacon with jimmy dean sausages and Pillsbury biscuits are a staple each morning. We are confident these changes will better accommodate our guests each morning. Again, we thank you for your review and we hope to exceed your expectations on your nexts travels through our area.

General Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have been staying here for years, everyone who works here, knows me. The staff go out of their way to help you, they are amazing. This is a great place to stay, within walking distance to so many places like, the beach, restaurants, mini markets, souvenir shops. I also love the fact that they accept animals here and don't charge you a fee. If you want a place to stay this is it, tell them Judy sent you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much Judy for your review. We appreciate the time you have taken to give us your experience and we very much look forward to your return. Thank you for highlighting the many advantages to staying with us. There is such a great selection of shops, restaurants and places to see so close to our location and it is only improving. We are very much glad to accommodate you and your pet and we take extra care to ensure our guests with out pets barely notice that we accept pets as well. Thank you again for your feedback, we will see you again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here because we could take our dog.
1. The rooms are super clean for being a doggy motel. There was no sign of other dogs ever staying in my room. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

2. Yes it is next to a strip club but you would not know it except for the discreet sign, it was quiet there and no one was ever outside of it saw one guy smoking outside and that's it.

3. The customer service was excellent. Our car broke down about an hour after we checked in barely got it back to motel. The front desk guy (Erickson) went up and above to get us a list of auto repair services in the area. He researched them off of Yelp ( which I always do) and came up with a list of 5 places. Erickson, we went with Bills Complete Automotive and he was great I would recommend him to you as well even though I know you got your guy in Escondido. (Just to let you know it was our water pump and he fixed it in two hours for a reasonable price) Thanks for being so calm and helpful during my almost melt down stressful situation it was much appreciated.

4. Because our car broke down the first day we were so close to the beach and the shops and restaurants we were able to walk to all so the place is in a great location.

5. The free breakfast was great it had hard boiled eggs, make yourself waffles, biscuits and gravy , bacon one day and sausage the next, cold and hot cereal, pastries, bagel and cream cheese, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee, and juice. there's probably a few more items I am forgetting.

6. Flat screen tv with direct Tv

Will definitely stay here again if ever in the area. Obviously you can stay in nicer places at a higher rate. This was great for the price and because I could take my dog. It was clean and had great customer service, pretty much my criteria.

1  Thank leolaniw

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am very glad you were able to make the most of your experience in Oceanside. I am especially happy that my staff was so accommodating. It is definitely one of our strong points as well as cleanliness. We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience while maintaining a high level satisfaction. I appreciate the detailed experience you have listed and we will work our hardest to keep up the good work! Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

A La Quinta traveler
Oceanside, California
Reviewed April 17, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I usually stay at either an Omni or a La Quinta and I'm always surprised at how much more helpful the La Quinta staff are. I had a clean room, the staff were incredibly helpful, and my stay went as well as could be.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Abe I

We appreicate the kind words. It encourages us to keep striving to make each guest experience as best as possible. I aggree that some higher end hotels always seem to have staff that doesn't fully embrace the idea of hospitality. I think it is a testiment to how much employees enjoy their job and the people they work with as you cannot fake happiness. We will continue to do our best to make each guest feel as welcome as possible, so please do not hesitate to let us know what you need or how we can possibly make the guest experience more enjoyable. It is our goal each day to put a smile on our guests faces.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were very impressed with the staff at the Oceanside La Quinta Inn. Every staff member we encountered was polite, friendly with a smile, and very helpful! The location of the Inn to the beach was a quick, safe walk and within walking distance to restaurants and downtown. Thank you for making our first stay in California memorable!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. I am very happy you enjoyed your first visit to California. Especially in Oceanside! I will definitely share your experience with my staff an ensure they know how friendliness and a smile can go a long way to brighten someone's day. I will also ensure that we maintain our high level of cleanliness behind the scenes. We look forward to your next visit to California and we will work hard to exceed your expectations.