“Pets are Welcome”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Tucson
“Pets are Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you travel with your dogs as we do, you probably share the stress of trying to find a decent place to stay that doesn't penalize you with extra cleaning fees or insult you with inferior rooms. We were so pleased to find the La Quinta Oceanside, located just off of Highway 101. Although the physical setting of the hotel is nothing special, the rooms and pleasant attitude of the staff is exceptional.The rooms seem newly refurbished, are very large, very clean, with convenient amenities like a microwave and refrigerator. The sheets and pillows were of a material and quality usually only found in higher priced hotels, and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful to us and our two dogs. La Quinta as a chain has a great pet policy, but we have found that properties can vary on room quality. This is one of the best, and it is a short drive to all the neat nearby beach towns that line the coast and one of the best off-leash dog beaches in CA at Del Mar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelley M
lq0830gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback. We are a pet-friendly hotel and we do not charge anything extra or put guests in inferior rooms as we do not have any. We only ask that pet owners are responsible for their pets noise and cleanliness. We do, however, clean rooms that have had a pet in them with a special cleaning process to ensure each room is as if a pet was never in it at all. Our spacious rooms are well appointed and the linens and terry are a quality not usually seen in mid-scale hotels. Our philosophy is Hilton quality at affordable prices. For pictures and more information you find us on the internet by searching La Quinta Oceanside. You can also call us directly at 760-450-0730. We look forward to seeing you. Thank you, Andrew Stewart GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Oceanside, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Melissa a front desk clerk was very helpful with what i needed and greeted me with a smile when i walked thru the door the rooms were very clean and comfortable, lots of space for computer/working, The staff was beyond helpful and friendly. and you cannot beat the price!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancy R
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the La Quinta Inn in Oceanside because of the quick, efficient check out process. I left in the morning and the employee Melissa was so nice, caring and efficient that I was extremely impressed. I read the recent review about Melissa and found it wrong on all accounts. Melissa was great along with the rest of the friendly staff and so was the breakfast. This is a great location too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Booked on spec. Huge room, ample parking, clean and everything you need for a short stay. Under a mile from bars and restaurants etc. The tourist office across the street were also very helpful in planning the rest of our trip

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arte1
lq0830gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We really appreciate the feedback you have shared with us and other potential guests. I share all of our reviews with my staff and we especially enjoy reading ones like this. However, we are always striving to maintain and improve on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere while ensuring we respond to any issues in a timely and professional manner. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about our amenities or to simply help you with planning your trip to Oceanside. Our direct telephone number is 760-450-0730. You can also visit our webpage by Googling "La Quinta Oceanside" for more pictures. Thank you, Andrew Stewart GM
Portland, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I drove from Northern California with the intention of staying in Bakersfield before attempting to navigate the LA Freeway system. Well a good audio book and TOMTOM and I was south of LA before I knew it. I stopped at the restarea south of Pendleton and used the mobile la quinta site to find a place to crash (my reservations at my downtown hotel were not until the next day). The mobile site was awesome, allowed me to log in, see rates for all the LQ's in the area and put a four hour reserve on a room from my phone. When I arrived at the Oceanside La Quinta ten minutes later, she had my reservation, including my rewards number and checked in quickly. The room is spacious, with a small kitchenette, Large 42" flat screen TV mounted on the wall with Directv in the room, including, HBO. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. For a last minute stay this has me considering my downtown reservation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I really appreciate the detailed experience you had with us. As you have stated, we offer what it called an "instant hold" that is available from the mobile La Quinta application. This allows you to reserve a room on short notice and the convenience of having your information before you arrive so that your check in is quick and smooth. Comments such as you questioning your downtown reservation is the idea behind our accommodations. We provide a well appointed room at a much better price and ensure our rooms are clean and well maintained. Most of all, we make all efforts to provide service that leaves you with a good feeling. We also provide a service to make reservations on our website as well as see our pictures and a list of all the amenities we offer in each room type. To find our website please google "La Quinta Oceanside" Thank you again for the feedback, we really appreciate the time you have taken. Andrew Stewart GM