“Maybe Things Change, BUT Had Two VERY Different Experiences...”
Review of Waraii Sushi

Waraii Sushi
Order Online
Ranked #153 of 464 Restaurants in Oceanside
Reviewed May 15, 2017

First time was 5-stars and 2nd time was 1-star. The second time I came in to get a Chef's Plate sashimi order and was told "oh, we don't have enough fish to do that" which in 20:20 hindsight was my huge red flag to run out the door. Instead I ordered a 16-piece sashimi and a salmon and chicken teriyaki meal. First, the wait staff has three of her kids running around crazy, which is OK, but it wasn't the best impression. Second, the extra $1 EACH for brown rice which was about a cup of rice is crazy. The 16 pieces of sashimi were ONE HALF THE SIZE they were the first time. And I knew that I shouldn't have tipped and should have left when the sushi chefs looked down and away as I left, instead of greeting me and thanking me the way they did the first time AND how every other sushi restaurant is. IF you do NOT have enough fish to offer BASIC menu items, then CLOSE and or GET SOME. Period. $44 plus $6 tip for two small combo meals is NOT going to get me to come back. First time was a VERY different experience, BUT the second makes me not want to bother coming back again.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Nice Japanese sushi! The salmon is fresh and come in big portion. We ordered "I love u', ' Rainbow" and 'Brave Jaiden' rolls. The 'I love u' is tasty. My friend love the 'Brave Jaiden'.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 17, 2017

We went to Waraii Sushi for a late lunch on Easter. The waitress did a phenomenal job of taking orders and delivering food, considering the large amount of patrons. The food was excellent and the service was great. We plan on making this a regular stop.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

I had dinner here. Ate two rolls (Rainbow and Albacore), a miso soup and drank green tea. The quality of the food was not the best but acceptable for the pricing. The fish was a little smelly which makes me wonder about its freshness. The service was quick, friendly and efficient. Good place if you are in the neighborhood, but not a go to destination for sushi lovers.

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

Stop here for lunch couple days ago very much enjoyed my lunch service was good small place in a pretty busy parking lot kind of a hidden gem.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank JimmyJackk

Been to Waraii Sushi? Share your experiences!