“Stay Away!!!”

Sushi N Joy
Ranked #131 of 464 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed April 26, 2019

I *hate* it when my restaurants get discovered and then they are crowded, and you have to wait for a table. So STAY AWAY!!! This is MY favorite sushi bar, FIND YOUR OWN!

And if you don't tip well, I will personally seek you out and SCREAM at you!!! They're really nice!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Tried this unremarkable Sushi joint, and found it anything but! Owners not only craft exceptionable sushi rolls & dishes, but, he entertains while doing it. Excellent food & attentive service!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

We go to Sushi & Joy atleast once a month when we are in Oceanside. The owners, Steve & Jamie, are always very accommodating, and the sushi is always fresh!! We love this place!!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

The sushi here is really fresh and delicious. Order some Sapporo and saki and have fun with some unique rolls on the menu. You should def try, like the "heart attack roll". You should also get the sear albacore tuna.
This is the second time I have been here while visiting the west coast and I will definitely come here the next time I'm here again. It's excellent!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 5, 2017

Friends took us to this place a week ago and we just went back 3 January, it was excellent, and not the least noteworthy is the good humour and generosity of proprietor Steve in passing out samples of mussels, shumju (a Korean wine), and other items. Among the many exceptional items here are the soft shell crab appetiser, the yellowtail and salmon collars (two separate dishes), the spicy tuna roll, and the albacore sushi. This Chef has many surprises up his sleeve, I have the feeling many visits would reveal many more tasty tidbits.
His clientele is fiercely loyal, and we seand why. Until, I'm shown the evidence, I'll say the best sushi in the San Diego area. Bon appetit!
Someone complained about the servers
, they were great when We were here.

Date of visit: January 2017

Been to Sushi N Joy? Share your experiences!