“Don't bother unless you like to be ignored.”
Review of Pizzeria Venti

Pizzeria Venti
Ranked #293 of 388 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Italian
Fontana, California, United States
“Don't bother unless you like to be ignored.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My kids and I were on our first family weekend getaway and wanted to experience a nice sit down dinner at a "fancy" place. We looked around and the kids agreed on this one. We walked in and promptly seated and then forgotten for about 10 minutes. There were 2 parties that came in, seated and got their water and rolls and we were still waiting. There were staff just chatting around and another I could say flirting with a customers. The only reason I didn't walk out was because my kids still wanted to experience a nice dinner. We were seated in front of the bar and the bartender helped other parties but never approached me to see if everything was OK. Finally I guess someone noticed my expression and finally came to see if we had been helped. Our server was apologetic and took our drink order and was gone again for a while. I would understand if the place was packed but it wasn't. Ordered some appetizers and again took a long time to get it. I understand that the food is made fresh but it shouldn't take sooo long to get it. We finally received our appetizers and my daughter said we better order our food or we're never gonna eat. The food was good but again it took too long to get it. My youngest spilled her soda on her pizza so we ordered another slice of pizza. It took over 30 minutes to get that slice of pizza, everyone else's food got cold because we wouldn't eat without her. We had to keep asking for refills and kept getting forgotten. What should had been an hour and a half dinner tops turned in over 2.5 hours. The kids were upset because they didn't see the sunset because of this whole dinner. For what I paid, I certainly didn't get my money's worth and will definitely will not be recommending this place to anyone else. I know that it's a wine bar but for those of us that don't drink, we shouldn't be ignored. I'll stick to the mom & pop restaurants next time I'm in town.

Visited June 2013

Oceanside
“An awesome find”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have to say that I found this great restaurant by mistake. Was inquiring about another eatery in the area when I happened to walk by and looked inside. Hmm, a pizzeria, as well as a wine bar? In Oceanside? I had to investigate...told LJ about the discovery and off we went. Friendly service from the time you walk in until the time you leave, huge wine list and they stock 20 beers!!! Oh and the food...exquisite, delicious and made fresh daily. The restaurant has only been open for a couple weeks, but once word gets out about how good the food it, I'm sure it will be busy. Oh and before I forget, the prices are really good...lots of food for not a lot of money. For the pizza and bread, they begin by making the dough each day using imported Italian water and simple ingredients. So the bread which comes out while you are trying to decide what to eat is tasty and fantastic. For dinner, LJ and I decided to split a large pizza, 1/2 Legally Blonde (a classic white pizza with artichokes, roasted garlic, spinach, fresh ricotta & mushrooms) and 1/2 Grande Max (pepperoni, meatballs, Italian sausage, garlic, onions, green peppers). For dessert, we split a Tiramisu (cake infused with coffee, layered with a rich cheese filling and topped with chocolate). Overall, a great experience and a place that should not be missed. I know that we will return.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Pizzeria Venti? Share your experiences!