“Awesome food, great service”
Review of That Boy Good

That Boy Good
Ranked #9 of 388 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Welcome to That Boy Good a Southern BBQ Joint in the heart of downtown Oceanside! We pride ourselves on fresh food made daily from scratch. No MSG's or can products in our kitchen! Chicken and Waffles and Fried Delta Catfish are some of our specialty items, but our BBQ is the best you will find West of the Mississippi! Come in and check us out and see why the locals crave our BBQ! Hope to see ya soon!
“Awesome food, great service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had the catfish sandwich with the Mac and cheese. My husband had a pulled pork sandwich. Both were delicious. So glad we stopped by. Very close to the beach. Great food, and great service.

Visited August 2013

Oceanside, California
“Disappointed at the customer service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant set up a booth at the Oceanside Street Fair and my husband and I decided to eat here. It took us a couple tries to get the people to take our order because they were too busy laughing and joking with each other and passers by that did not order and were not stopping to even read the menu. The people taking our order treated us as though we were a hindrance to them and acted as though we were bothering them. They wouldn't look at us when speaking to us and we were the only people in line. I could understand if they were busy cooking and preparing other items while they spoke to us, but they were just standing there joking with each other. We ordered a BBQ sandwich and drink. When the server gave us our food we had to re-ask for the drink because they AGAIN weren't paying attention to us. It's unfortunate that the service was so bad because the food is actually good. We have NO intentions of ever going to the actual restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
“Surprisingly good little restaurant!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a tough critic of bbq, but this place does a great job. The hot wings were very good and the pulled pork was even better. Will definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
“Mouth watering BBQ”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband is not a fan of BBQ but finally got him to go with me to That Boy Good --- now he can't stop raving about it! From the Sunday beer specials, to the ribs that literally fell off the bone, everything was A+++. Folks are friendly and food is awesome!

Visited August 2013
“Great food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is like what others have said it is southern BBQ. The chicken is vey good I would say better than the pulled pork. I would definatly order the chicken or the ribs again. The sides are huge you get two choices. The Mac and cheese is very good as well. They do have happy hour until 6 pm. I will definatly be back. Not a fancy place but the food makes up for it.

• Visited July 2013

Been to That Boy Good? Share your experiences!