“There can't be any calories in something this yummy?”

Petite Madeline Bakery
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Oceanside
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Seriously, who cares about calories when the treats are so good? The variety is excellent. Treatas are worth the price.

1  Thank 2TravelersMn

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went to this establishment by default.Our plan was eat at another restaurant in proximity but because customers were lined up on the street, we opted for Petite Madeline. This clearly was serendipity or the fickle finger of fate. By crossing the street, we found one of the best restaurants in North County. Their food has become the new criterion that all restaurants are judged.
First, you order at the cash register and find a table. The coffee is premium and brewed to perfection.
The food servers are super friendly and very efficient.
I had a breakfast special: Omelette Jardiniere. I am a meatatarian and for me to order vegetables is so out of character is hard to conjure up an appropriate analogy. This meal was the best breakfast I had in the eight weeks we were in SoCal. Absolutely amazing. The vegetables had been roasted. The omellete was light and fluffy and topped with an astonishing sauce made from pureed roasted zucchini and eggplant. It was seasoned to perfection. My wife said her omelette was wonderful but we returned within a few days so she could jave her own plate. She agrees that this was about the best breakfast she has had in a long time. Unfortunately, as it was a special, it isn’t on the regular menu.
However, we did return numerous times for breakfast and lunch. Each meal was better than the competition. The sandwiches are tasty with flavor. Anyone can slop a sandwich together but it takes some kind of whiz-kid to give you something that has layers of flavor that you enjoy every bite.
Then there is the Patisserie. Again you pay for the ingredients and the brilliance of the boulanger and the exquisite taste. I walked the Champs Elysee and sampled many Parisienne patisserie products. This is so close that the real thing.
A caveat: the prices are slightly higher and you don’t get the usual half a cubic metre of food. There are plenty of other establishments who will gladly supply that type of fare.

1  Thank trafdlo
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stopped in for coffee and a sweet with my bff and our teen kids. We all enjoyed the coffee and wonderful pastries. The decor is charming and the staff were very nice. You can see that this is a local favorite and if it were in my town I would be a regular for sure!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A group of ladies went here on a Thursday. Street fair across the street. Perfect. I ate the mango Benny. Eggs Benedict with mango. Absolutely incredible. The owner is also the chef. Everything look amazing. A must try place. Wanna walk your meal off? Nice street market across the street. Go to the end on the tight side......Thai food Vietnamese food home made breads...to die for.....pastries too...mmmmmmm

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The peanut butter cookie was delicious, my favorite.
The Hot chocolate and the cakes we had were good, but not amazing.
The bakery is well decorated and it is a nice place to stay for breakfast.