“A hidden gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A must go when in Oceanside. We split the veggie omelet for breakfast and it was presented on 2 plates....how could one person eat a single order? Delicious and nicely presented.

Decor was authentic down to the music.

We'll definitely go back

• Visited July 2013

OCEANSIDE
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My friends meet every month for lunch. This time we met at Bessie's. What a pleasant experience, food was excellent,and reasonably priced. Our waitress was very friendly and nice, in fact everyone was real nice.
We definitely will return

• Visited June 2013
Oceanside, California
“Monthly YMCA Luncheon”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our monthly luncheon group met there on Wed. 6/29/13. Good service. Food good. There was 16 of us.My wife and I liked it very much. Others seemed pleased. We plan on going there again.
Jay and Nancy B

• Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I took my toddler grandson on a train trip to Oceanside and had an hour for lunch before the return train. Two blocks from the station was Bessie's, which looked quaint and was quite crowded - always a good sign. We sat at the counter and I ordered a bowl of granola for him and a ham and cheese sandwich for myself, keeping it simple. Thirty minutes later we hadn't been served and I began to worry that we wouldn't have enough time to finish lunch and make the train, so I asked them to package it to go. Fifteen minutes after that I told them to cancel the order as we had to run to catch the return train. It appeared to me that there was plenty of help but no one in charge.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Rick B
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We noticed a week ago that Bessie's is now open for dinner several nights a week so we decided to give it a try. It was so good that we went again the next night and took company with us that were visiting from out of town. The food is excellent with large portions, the food is reasonably priced, service is good, and it is a very charming place to have a meal.

We have enjoyed both previous visits so much that we are going there for dinner tonight and recommend it highly!

1 Thank TimO12651