“Great Breakfast, fast and friendly service”
Review of Jennie's Cafe - CLOSED

Jennie's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Vista, California
“Great Breakfast, fast and friendly service”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Yet another great breakfast place for Oceanside! I am always looking for new/good places in our area and I heard about Jennie's from a Living Social email and found the reviews I had to try it. I had the County Fried Steak and my wife had the Chiliquiles and both were excellent. The place was pretty full but we found the service to be reasonably fast and everyone was very pleasant. We really enjoyed our first visit and plan to return often.

1 Thank jim m

California Desert, California
“A Great Cook Employed Here!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Friendly and efficient service and very good food! Tasty chicken fried steak and eggs, fixed just right. The ABC omelet was filled with sliced avocados and tasted sooo good. The restaurant reminded us of an old time cafe; not much ambience but certainly worth the visit.

1 Thank VEFlowers
San Diego, California
“The Worst Service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friend and I attempted to eat a late breakfast after enjoying a nice walk at the beach this morning. Unfortunately we never received our food. We waited 20 minutes to place our order. Then after 20 more minutes we were told it would be right up. another 15 went by and we asked to speak to a Manager. The woman who came over stated she was the Owner. She proceded to argue openly in front of the whole resturaunt. Then went on to say and I quote " Oh you have a coupon". I felt that if she didn't want to work with companies like Groupon or Living Social to promote her business if she like that people want a way to try new resturaunts in their area. It's really sad situation when the owner claims she has lost of experiance in the resturaunt business yet treates people in that many. This isn't LaJolla it's beach town Oceanside. Wish I could give this place a red dot instead of green!

Oceanside, California
“Good Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

It wasn't very busy when we got there but we needed to wait to be seated. Friendly waitress. Breakfast and lunch menu looked great. We tried breakfast. A good breakfast. We were impressed with the pancakes. Great Kids menu. We will return to try the lunch menu next time. Could become a family meeting place.

Sacramento, California
“My new Favorite in Oceanside”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stopped in at Jennie's for breakfast , the hostess seated us and gave us our menu and I felt compelled to ask her if any two coffee cups matched. I asked because I looked around and not one matched, Her response was she had a few that matched and they were in the back. She noted that some customers comment that she need a theme, I told her the lack of theme is the theme and adds to the overall charm. She was very friendly and warm, she makes you feel welcome in her cafe. I first asked her about her coffee because I do consider myself a coffee snob but really liked the coffee. She explained it was a blend she selected, not ground in a tear open pouch that is usually bitter. I ordered a breakfast combo with pancakes that were about 10 inches in diameter, eggs cooked just as I ordered, which rarely happens and sausage and hash browns. The pancakes were AWESOME in fact so was the meal. My wife had a Shrimp Benedict that she thought was the best she has had and the home fries looked great and tasted great. We actually went back the next day for lunch that's how much we liked it. I had one of the best French Dips that I have had anywhere and my wife felt the same about her sandwich. I would highly recommend Jennie's to anyone, we loved it and if we get back down there again we will stop in.

• Visited February 2013