“Quaint place- excellent food!”
Review of Ty's Burger House

Ty's Burger House
Ranked #3 of 390 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ty's Burger House is a locally owned family business. We strive in bring a delicious taste to downtown Oceanside. Come try one of our delicious burgers or salads. Each in out clean dining room or take advantage of our outdoor patio. Either way, you are going to find that Ty's Burgher House has something for everyone and they definitely know burgers.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Three of us went here due to excellent Trip Advisor & Yelp ratings. Its a small, very clean, nicely decorated place just off Mission Avenue. Check out the daily special board upon entry & grab a menu out of the rack. You order, then find a seat. Here, they have specialty burgers like Venison, Bison, Elk, Kangaroo, grass fed & more. They were out of the grass fed & Elk when we went. Two of us ordered the Jalapeno burger (with roasted jalapenos, avacado & jack cheese). My wife ordered the California burger (with guacamole, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes & lettuce). Both burgers were very flavorful & large, even though we ordered the 1/3 lb! The bun was very tasty too! Being a huge fan of fries, I ordered a small portion. McDonalds supersize doesnt compare to the quantity I received. Rhey were fresh & tasty. Not the large dinner size fries which is skippy with me! My wife & girlfriend ordered the side salad. Very fresh with lots of ingredients & of ample size.

We really liked this place & will go back when we are in Oceanside. If we were locals, this would be a regular stop for us. Nice local photos on the walls! Good job & Semper Fi!

1  Thank Brad F
There are newer reviews for Ty's Burger House

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The veggie burger is handmade and delicious. I'd consider myself a veggie burger expert and this rates among the top. Crispy fries, good onion rings and plenty of meats to explore like elk, buffalo and bison burgers too!

1  Thank 423Erin
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We frequent Ty's often. They have great burgers - we've tried almost all! We Love the specialty/wild game burgers: the Buffalo is delicious, but my favorite is (was?) the Alligator. Tasty! For you beef lovers, they have a wide variety of treatments for regular burgers and they're all quite good. Oooh, and get the Black Butte Porter while you wait for your order!
The restaurant is very chill, with exposed brick and surf videos playing. The owner is awesome and has a great memory. The best part? The outdoor space in the back of the restaurant. It's an extremely charming space.

1  Thank friffy
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Second time confirmed: This place is the real thing. Gourmet, creative burgers of all kinds including elk (which was a hit) and kangaroo (which was not). Ruth said this was the best turkey burger she has ever tasted--she eats them because she doesn't do beef and she is 89 years-old. I like good old beef myself and the blue cheese burger hold the bun add the bacon was great. This restaurant is small and very, very casual. The owner was in the house and that is something that I always respect. Order at the counter and they'll bring it to you. A good selection of craft-style beers. Don't come for swanky, that's 333 down the street. Come for fun and a great burger. I doubt if take reservations. Outside is nice on these stay-light-late summer's eves.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten at Ty's several times and have never been disappointed. Excellent burgers and very good service.