“Quarterly Visits” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Quarterly Visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

It is necessary that we visit a relative to insure her care. The staff have always been the best and the accommodation's have been top shelf. The location is convenient and located in an area that I feel safe. Top marks for this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jt0243
Joshua B, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott Oceanside for your quarterly visits to care for your family member. We are happy that you found the hotel to be a convenient location and you were completely satisfied with the accommodations at the property. We hope to see you again when you return in a few months.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were in Oceanside for another annual Mud Run at Camp Pendleton and chose to stay at the Courtyard again! It was a great decision as in the past! The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff very friendly, courteous, and helpful. Our room was comfortable, the bed firm, but also comfortable. The hotel is about 3.5 miles up from the town and coast and is very quiet. The lobby is quite relaxing and they have a large interactive screen where you can look up restaurants, activities and see news, etc. They have a computer area which you can use in the lobby to surf the net and a separate area where you can check in for your flight and print boarding passes if necessary. The sitting areas outside with the fire pits (two areas), pool and jacuzzi are very nice. The gym is equipped sufficiently with several treadmills, ellipticals, and stationary bicycle. It also has a weight machine and a good set of free weights, a scale, a water cooler and towels. They have a little snack store where you can purchase food after hours. We did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel this trip. They have carts available to load your luggage on and move to/from your room. The price is very reasonable for the accommodations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smckowan
Joshua B, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank your for the positive review of the Courtyard Oceanside. We appreciate the repeat business while you attended the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton. It sounds like a fun event. We are glad that you were satisfied with your experience at the hotel and look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Oceanside area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this location on two separate weekends and both times were great. We asked for connecting rooms, which worked out really well for us. We did have to request our room to be cleaned since we leave so late in the day. They serve Starbucks coffee downstairs, but it's not an official Starbucks location.
Confirm the hours of the pool and hot tub though. Not too far from Legoland.

Overall, nice hotel and we would definitely return.

Stayed May 2014
Joshua B, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for posting a positive review of your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanside. We are glad that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and a convenient location for a visit to Legoland. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here with my husband last fall while we were vacationing in San Diego and we found the hotel very clean, comfortable, affordable, and in a location that was quiet. I did read some reviews that say you have to request to stay on the side of the hotel that doesn't face the street because you will get street noise. The hotel is more for the business traveler, but if you're on vacation and looking to save some cash and won't be spending much time in your room, this place is perfect. We were able to grab a light breakfast every morning at their coffee bar, they had a nice pool/whirlpool area that was kept clean and we were able to enjoy the whirlpool a couple of the evenings we were there. They have a workout room, but we did not use it. The rooms are small but clean and are perfect if you just need a place to shower, sleep, and keep your stuff while you're out for the day. I liked that the room had a fridge as we were able to buy and store bottled water and light snacks. There isn't much in the area around the hotel, but it's driving distance and usually less than an hour from all the major San Diego attractions. We will definitely be staying here again when we go back to San Diego.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the street or parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sonali K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I found this hotel to be relatively new, but there are lots of items that need improvement. The facilities of the hotel are as you can expect, new and nice. There are a lot of improvements needed before I return to this place.

I will start with my biggest complaint and that is the elevator. The elevator in this hotel is the slowest machine on earth and makes some very uncomfortable noises. I was on the 4th floor and waiting for an elevator was 3-4 minutes per trip, at least. Then the noises the elevator made were very concerning. I can't imagine this elevator in 5 years, it will be completely worn out.

The hotel has an aggressive bathroom door in the rooms which closes all the time, and you can't leave it open unless you block the door with some towels. I asked about this and the hotel said there was nothing they could do about the bathroom door. I just don't want the bathroom slamming shut all the time.

In the room, there are coffee cups, but there is no lid for the cups and I found myself burning myself with the coffee made in the room that I take to go. Again, I asked the staff and nothing was the result.

The work out room is really messed up. The TV in the work out room is behind those on the treadmills and other machines. I have seen other Marriott's that do that and I think that is simply dumb. When you are on the treadmill, the TV is behind you. You can't watch anything. The treadmills at this place offer some TV viewing on the treadmill screen, however, you need your own ear piece and the video jumps and the audio you can't listen to, but the TV behind you is on and playing. I don't get why a hotel would put the TV in the workout room behind the people on the treadmill. I don't understand that. Eyes in the back of your head, is the best answer I can offer.

I tried the whirlpool and found it to be OK, however, the 5 other people in the whirlpool with me were guzzling beer from their coolers and DID NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL. Rather, they lived a few blocks away and I did NOT like diapers and children in the whirlpool, while the parents were sitting their getting drunk. The hotel seemed to ignore same.

The Bistro, the local restaurant offered breakfast, but I found the offerings to be expensive and just simply not that good in taste. Plus, I never figured out the hours of the Bistro. I stopped by the hotel restaurant a couple of times to find that no one was working. I waited several minutes all to no avail.

This is a new hotel. These are all some issues that the hotel needs to address, however, I didn't see management attending any of the issues. I can accept issues, as long as some addresses same, but this place seems to care less. Therefore, I will probably not return. Find another hotel in the area, you will be much happier. This hotel needs 6-12 months to fix the problems and the immature staff. I found the staff gathered many times looking at someone's cell phone and the Insta-grams on the phone or some Facebook page. Again, I don't need that.

Room Tip: Find another hotel, but if you want to stay at this place, opt for a ground floor room - ONLY. Do NO...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nick D, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
678855, I was sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience and would like to apologize on behalf of the Courtyard team. We do take these matters very seriously and are always receptive to guest feedback/suggestions in order to improve and enhance the guest experience. We take great pride in our hotel and hold ourselves to a very high standard. It is clear, however, that we did not meet your –or our own – expectations during your stay.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail and personally address your concerns. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me at the number listed below. I hope to regain your trust and have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Nick Dell’Ergo
Assistant General Manager
(760) 696-9706
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was amazing place to stay! The staff was absolutely fantastic. This brand of hotel is intended for the business traveler however as a leisure traveler, I WAS NOT disappointed. April Chu and her staff were gems. Above and beyond doesn't even come close to describing the service we received. I have never experienced a team that works so well together to ensure the satisfaction of their guests. Not being from California, their suggestions for places to visit and things to do was spot on! Their attention to details, cleanliness of the rooms and common areas, and overall hospitality, made CY San Diego Oceanside better than full service properties. I would recommend that if you are in southern California, stay here. I rarely repeat a hotel in my travels, but I have already booked my return stay!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christi314
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

After a great night of rest and lots of fun updated decorative style the hotel personnel were even better than we anticipated. Merary went above and beyond to help us get our Marriott rewards number and the whole staff was super! Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business