“Really Like Courtyards”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bend, Oregon
“Really Like Courtyards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this specific courtyard and once again, the service, quality and amenities are perfect for me. I travel on occasion for business and like easy access to good quality and options for food and a decently modern fitness area. Most of all, being in customer service myself, I am fairly critical of the service aspect of hotels. I have yet to stay at this Courtyard and receive subpar service. It is not a 5-star hotel costing a ton of money, but for exactly what I use it for it is perfect.

Room Tip: There is no true room service so did not rate that area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling here on business for one night and when I booked the reservation didn't realize the hotel was fairly new. As a business traveler -- it's great. Updated rooms and the same amenities you get with a Courtyard --business center, place to print airline tickets, nice lounge area - Bistro -- lots of tables, lots of power plug ins and overall a comfortable place to sit. I ended up eating dinner on site -- food is basic but service was nice and quick. There are plenty of places within 5 - 10 minutes to go eat if you want something a bit more fancy. Town is easy to drive around in and find stuff. The room was great -- clean, modern and great that the bed is not placed against a wall next to another room. Nice and large - nice big bathroom and large walk in shower. Since it's up on a hill not a lot of traffic noise and since it' sort of next to INdustrial building -- quiet. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Hotel has everything you need.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I spent this past weekend at this new Marriott Courtyard Inn. The hotel is new and the rooms are nicely appointed. The hotel staff are courteous, friendly and helpful. The only problem we had with our stay is that my small Casio personal organizer turned up missing when we got home. We contacted the hotel and they were nice enough to check the room for us but it has not been found. I am very upset over this loss as the organizer held every address, phone number and other important information that I use and need continuously. I recommend any small electronic items be carried with you at all times and NOT left in the room. Otherwise our stay was nice and the room comfortable. I give the "service" a 5 star rating due to the response from the front desk and their help with the missing organizer in addition to their friendly customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

It's new, well laid out and clean but staff/service leaves a little be desired. We asked for a rollaway bed as our youngest had a cold so needed to sleep on her own. The hotel website states they have rollaways but the front desk said they didn't have any. So no bed. Then a room near by us was having a party and making a lot of noise throughout the night. Marriott staff did nothing to quiet these guests despite several requests. Breakfast was included in the room rate but we were charged for it as the front desk staff insisted breakfast was not included until we showed manager our online reservation w breakfast included.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Todo Mundo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you're looking for beachy accommodations, this place probably isn't the best pick in Oceanside. However, for a business trip, this new Courtyard is very nice. Quiet location on a hill surrounded by corporate center. Friendly staff, nice modern well-appointed rooms, pretty good pool area. Free coffee and tea in lobby and a place to print documents for free. Overall, I would recommend it for a business trip if your visiting nearby Genentech or other corporate offices.

The rooms were not very well sound-proofed as footsteps in nearby rooms tended to shake your room. If a large family with wound-up children (probably hopped up on a visit to Legoland) are anywhere near your room, prepare for the pre-bedtime stampede overhead or next door.

Room Tip: Since you aren't close enough to the ocean, all rooms pretty much have the same view of the near...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank annietravelz
Spring, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was a very enjoyable stay and a very lovely Courtyard. I'm sorry I only had 1 night to stay there. The room was spacious and first class. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The outdoor space and pool were lovely. This is a little different that they do not have a buffet but I liked the "bistro" and our breakfast was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the road. It would also help to be on the top floor as we were on th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
morro bay, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

LOVE it when I find that little get away that is a sleeper. THIS is a sleeper.
The second of my 2 night visit with my daughter, a Marine at Camp Pendleton. I needed something nice (NOT a dump), near the base (not ON the base), near the train station (something nice?), something with perks (Marriott, of course).
This place is secluded, NO traffic. Beautiful decor. Clean.
Friendly Friendly staff that asked me, "What brings you here?" THEN listened to my answer.
Excellent choices for dinner IN or near the hotel.
The lobby is SO cozy and inviting for many things! Work stations, places to gather, TV area.
The outdoor living area is a work of art. TWO big fire pits with comfortable conversation areas with cushy chairs. (I sat in several of them) The lighting is just right to spend time with friends, have a drink. The pool area is attractive and inviting. EVEN with a sling chair so disabled people can swim with their families.
Tons of free parking.
Our room was large. Beds were Marriott comfortable, clean, perfect and beautifully decorated.. The bathroom was FABULOUS!! If you read my last review you can see my feelings about towels. This hotel is standard about the towel distribution. (The Marriott San Diego Gaslamp District on Broadway gave us 10 towels...lol)
My daughter has 2 left of her 5 years in the Marine Corps.
THIS Marriott will be my choice of places to stay when I come to Oceanside for a visit every time....as long as it doesn't get too busy after all the good reviews.

Room Tip: high corner room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family