“Ready to go back!”

North Coast Village
Reviewed May 11, 2006

Stayed at NCV last June for a full week with my husband and two boys' ages 10 and 16. We rented a one bedroom condo on the second floor, close to the beach, pier side. NCV is centrally located to both LA and San Diego. We did site seeing in both cities.

We loved the fact that we could stand on the balcony and still be able to watch our kids boogey board. There is also a life guard station right by the condo that is manned until dusk each day.

The condo's are privately owned so, the decor and condition of the condo depends on the owner. Our one bedroom was perfect for the four of us since the couch made into a bed and a mat was provided so, the two boys didn't have to share a bed. North Coast Village has a wonderful website, the condo owners use to advertise their rental condos and show pictures. I recommend using this website so you can work directly with each condo owner. After talking directly to our condo owner, they provide us a 10% discount since my husband was retired military.

The grounds surrounding the complex are breathtaking and very well maintained. There was always someone around cleaning and maintaining the grounds. They have public grills by the pool and every morning someone was there cleaning them from the prior evening. NCV also has washers and dryers which is nice to be able to wash our beach clothes and towels.

Within walking distance of NCV is the Oceanside Pier with a wonderful old-fashioned dinner named Ruby's that serves burgers and real malted shakes for a very reasonable price. My boys loved the shakes! We loved the view off the pier. On the other side of the NCV condo's is the Oceanside Harbor also within walking distance. The harbor had a wonderful restaurant/bar called the Rockin Baja Lobster that had a wonderful happy hour drinks and menu and are famous for their buckets of seafood. We ate dinner there three of our seven nights!

The only down side to our trip was the temperature of the ocean in June. There were no adults in the water except the surfers in wet suits. My husband and I could only walk out to just below our knees before retreating back to the beach. The cold water didn't stop the kids. They still had a great time boogey boarding in the waves.

• Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank IowaFarmGirl

Reviewed May 1, 2006

We stayed 7 nights at the North Coast Village and as a family of 4 (daughter 16 & daughter 8) we all loved it! In fact both daughters asked if we could go back there this summer. Unfortunatly it would require air travel to get there from Arkansas so this year we will have to go to Florida (closer to home) We all highly recommend this resort...it is beautiful, tropical, and on the beach!!!

1  Thank gottagotothebeach
Reviewed April 30, 2006

When I made the reservation on Expedia, I was told total cost is $385 for two nights stay (includ. tax). But I was charged $495 upfront (when I made the reservation). In the hotel rules section in the Itinerary, it mentioned some kind of deposit, so I thought that's why I was being charged $495 instead of $385.

We went there a week ago, came back and I was wondering when I can get my deposit back. When I called North coast village today, they said they charge an extra cleaning fee ($350 for stay+$85cleaning fee+tax=$495)! The problem I have with this is that there was absolutely no mentioning of cleaning fee on reservation and I was NOT made aware of it at the Beach condos upon arrival/departure. When we were checking out, I specifically asked the lady in the rental office when I could get my $100 deposit back, and she replied "whoever you reserved the hotel from". When I told her, it's Expedia, and she said "then it's Expedia".

Today I called three places - Expedia, Beach condo rental office, as well as Leisurelink (which deals w/ the money), but couldn't get any satisfactory answer. Beach condos says it's Expedia's problem since they didn't make hotel policies clear on the webpage. I think it would be okay IF we made a mess and they have to take money from our deposit to clean the place. But the fact that the full amount of $495 was charged upfront and there was no intention to return any of it made it clear to me that $495 should be the total cost for this place when I made the reservation, not $385. And this information is just not there!!!

We felt cheated and this ruined our feelings of an otherwise good vacation. Will never ever trust this place again!!!

• Stayed: April 2006

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2005

• Stayed: April 2005
8  Thank jbsd2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oceanside
Southern California Beach Club
Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms
La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside
Oceanside Marina Suites
Oceanside Marina Suites
#14 of 27 in Oceanside
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown

Been to North Coast Village? Share your experiences!