“Not Bad At All!”

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“Not Bad At All!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

After reading others review from Trip Advisor, I was brainwashed into thinking our room will look and smell bad per reviewers. This is not the case. I was happy it was clean and doesn't smell musty. The hotel is in the process of renovating. Our tiles, walls, and light switches were upgraded. The mini fridge has its freezer iced throughout. The microwave seems old. Their CP breakfast has high in carbs and calories altogether. I sticked with just coffee. We did not used the a/c since the breeze from the ocean was enough. We were still freezing as the morning arrives. Going South from the hotel is a walking distance to many shops, pier, & a beach, while going North takes you down Harbor dock. Places like Legoland, less than 15 min; Sea World, about 45 min. There are many Asian markets sprawling in Downtown SD.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Travelers330

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I got a room overlooking the Ocean. A little noisy at first with the train and lighthouse but I got used to the quick. Loved the view and ocean breezes !
Room large with lots of space everywhere.
The property is dated with worn elevator, slightly smelly bathroom, but thats why Im not paying that much !
Wifi worked excellent for me on side by pool.Pool but no jacuzzi
Breakfast was limited but ok. Hotel staff was courteous and accommodated a late checkout.
Lots of parking.
Easy access to/from 76 and i5

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Taufiq H
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Did not receive the expected service:

The breakfast only consisted of cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice. No yogurt, granola or fruit like others.
The muffins were good at least.

The elevator was outdatedvand dirty. As well as the hallways and stairs.

No wi-fi in our room or in the lobby. They advertised it but there's no service.

Liked the room size!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank LiliDmgz
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night in mid-August so peak season. It's right off I-5 and CA-76 and fairly close to restaurants and convenience stores. It's about a 10-minute walk to the beach and about twice that to the pier or train station. The area is a tad sketchy but not bad, certainly not in the daytime. I paid $63 plus tax with my Entertainment card which was a great deal. The grounds were fairly well kept and landscaped. Common area is nice, breakfast area is nice, and they have a computer for guest use. Staff was pretty friendly but not overly so. Breakfast was very average.

It's an older property that's been upgraded. It was quite clean. The TV was a flat screen, furniture was decent and bath/shower had been retiled. A/C worked fine. Fridge was a good size and worked fine but was kind of banged up. Wi-Fi was pretty bad. I came back to my room after a long day and as I approached the bathroom, noticed the carpet was wet, large puddle on the bathroom floor and toilet lid had water splattered over it. The ceiling had clearly leaked. I told the front desk guy and that since I was alone, it was no big deal. He was nice, not overly apologetic nor did he offer to move me. When I checked out the next day, I thanked HIM and he said you're welcome. No thanks for staying with us or sorry for the trouble.

I don't know. It would have gotten a four if not for the bathroom incident. If I paid $109 a night or was with my girlfriend, I might have scored it lower but all-in-all, I couldn't complain that much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank norscio
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Made reservation on line. Asked for King room on 2nd or 3rd floor with a view. Was told no king but everything else was a go. When I checked in no view rooms at all.we were put on the 2nd floor close to the elevator. Toilet was dirty big glob of hair..and old water bottle on the floor plus the tub didn't drain. Have stayed here several times in the past will not do it again. Was told at the desk I shouldn't have booked on line but called direct to hotel..would have it their had been a direct number.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wanted to spend the weekend on the beach. Great clean rooms. Older TVs but other than that everything was good. Continental breakfast was good. Had a pretty good spread of food. Pool was very clean. Great rates and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boron, California
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

First of all they want to hold on to $100 in "cash only" for incidentals rather than just using your credit card. Never had a hotel do that before. Rooms smell musty. Pool was closed for repair. Next time I come to the area I will more than likely stay somewhere else!

• Stayed April 2013