“Amazing find!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Once again magnificent recommendation found on TripAdvisor. Honestly it's been a while since we were there, but it left an indelible impression - a good one! It's attached / part of an old auto mechanic type place with great neon sign & other memorabilia. Mismatched tables, chairs & glassware in a dark wood environment made for fun, eclectic experience. Small place, with excellent attentive service. Best brussell sprouts ever! & we don't even like those! They came with meal as side, not specifically ordered but so glad we tried! My chicken was also awesome - we thoroughly enjoyed our meal & would absolutely go back if in the area again!

1  Thank takatrp

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Each time I return, the food at this amazing dinner only gastro pub just keeps getting better. This time I choose one of the salads. The pickled baby beets were to die for. We also sampled the spaetzle and braised beef pasta special, a blue cheese aioli burger, and the chicken and dumplings. All were simply fantastic. The kitchens ability to concentrate flavors combined with the freshness of the ingredients make every visit better than the last. The banana bread donut holes should be registered as an addictive drug. Service was also at the usual high level. Ashley took wonderful care of us. This continues to be my favorite restaurant in the north county. You can avoid the lines if you dine a little early.

1  Thank Techkraut
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Here you will find a small, shared, boisterous yet intimate dining experience. It is my local neighborhood pub and I love it dearly. I usually can squeeze into a bar seat to order my favorite- Mac N Cheese or goat cheese app. They only take reservations for parties of 6 or more. The line starts to form by 6. The doors open at 4:30 for dinner only service. It works for them. Great rotating beer line up. Fine wines that I really have enjoyed trying. I try to come early to get a seat, or wait until the major rush ends by 9. The servers and bartenders are so friendly and try to accommodate your needs. The menu changes with a featured steak of the day. The burgers are amazing. I also love the chicken and dumplings. Think comfort food without too heavy of a hand. Less pork then you would think for a place with Pig in the name. It is loud, but so friendly. I love the demographics of families with small kids, seniors, lovers, friends, hipsters and locals! Check your pretentious attitudes at the door please. Relax and come join the fun.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

From the outside, you'd barely even notice this restaurant. Looks like a small dive bar or something, next to auto fixing shops. But don't let that stop you, take the plunge. As other reviewers have mentioned, you'll be amazed. This is a truly culinary gem. We live in Carlsbad, and I had no idea this was so close. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Happy hour had some good deals for $1 off beverages and certain food items.

We had the bacon mac & cheese for an appetizer, fantastic. All of our entrees were great - hard to pick a favorite. The Chuck burger was so good, super blue cheese on that, so if you like blue cheese burgers this one is over the top great. The pork burger - outstanding as well. The pork chop was huge and so tender. Really amazing for a thick cut of pork to be so tender. Chicken and dumplings great as well. And finally the catfish and grits really good too.

We didn't get any dessert, just too full, do that next time. This reminds of some of the gems that Guy F will find on his Triple D show. The ones where you're expecting something very basic, but the owners have some super food going on.

Interior decorations are eclectic, but they all work. Like the layout, and simplicity. We'll be going back here for sure.

1  Thank RLCD
Reviewed August 12, 2014

A local recommended the brussel sprouts that were in season...what a treat. Fun bar and restaurant scene that is off the beaten path.

1  Thank 2TravelersMn