“Great food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Flying Pig Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 385 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Okinawa, Japan
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We had exceptionally friendly service here. We were told there would be a 20 min. wait, but it was less than 10 min. Bartender, Peter, was awesome. We had bacon Mac and cheese, pork belly entree, rib entree, and two glasses of wine. Everything was exceptional. Fun, eclectic atmosphere. We'll be back!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank LHPUSAviaOki

Oceanside, California
“Good food...loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very good food however the atmosphere ...it was very very loud in the restaurant and dark! Sit by the door if you want to see your food. That being said, they had excellent food and service!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LAMPINTHEDARK
Encinitas
“Great Restaurant in a funky neighborhood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This little gem has wonderful fresh local food, centering mainly around pork. There were some wonderful salads (we tried the Beet Salad) mac&cheese with bacon, pork chops, pork tenderloin, pork burgers and much more. They also had a great wine and beer selections. It is one block off the 101 in Oceanside but super cool! Definitely worth the trip.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lwolf
Salt Lake City, Utah
“very good if looking for something different.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

All the diners are distinctive. I suspect some will like and less adventuresome will not.
My wife thought her pig belly was very good.

I would have got the short rib but was leary of the anise in the sauce.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“gastro pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great place to eat southern comfort foods with the FLOSS philosophy. My husband and I had tried to visit this place before and were surprised at how long the wait was (45 minute) on a weekday. We decided to return another day, Saturday, and arrived promptly at 4p, opening time. The area is not exactly what I had pictured in my mind, however, the atmosphere on the insde and the simple decor made up for the facade.
We were happy that we arrived when we did as the place was nearly completely full by 515p.
We ordered a few drinks from the bar and they were well made. The mac n cheese is absolutley ahmazing and not to bemissed as a starter or main entree. I had the pork burger, which was too heavily seasoned IMO, and only ate a quarter of the burger. The waitress picked up on this and offered an additional item off the menu. At that point, I was to full and they comped the meal for me. My husband had the ribs and they were every bit as great as the reviews.
Overall, a simple menu to choose from. I would return again. Worth another visit.

• Visited February 2014