“Great food, nice view, moderate price, lazy workers”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #29 of 385 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Been in business for several years at this location. Yelp has reviews going back to 2008.
Malibu, California
“Great food, nice view, moderate price, lazy workers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Joe's Crab Shack last week. This is the second time that we noticed that the waitresses hate doing their job. My girlfriend had asked about something on a burger that looked funny before ordering. The waitress said, That this was shrimp. My girlfriend, not liking fish, asked that she get the other one, because she didn't like a burger with seafood on it. The waitress took the order and brought her the other one. When my girlfriend said something, the waitress said that this is what she ordered. I pipped in and mentioned that it was not what she ordered along with my girlfriend. Then the waitress stupidly mentioned, "Well, This is the one that you were pointing at!". Really?. Taking orders by what you point at and not what you say?. Upon leaving with our group, the waitress didn't put my check on OUR table. I was walking about and the waitress said that I forgot to pay. I said that she forgot to put the bill on the table. She said that she did. Another lie. The waitress even lied more and said that the the check was sitting right in front of me the whole time. Really?. I was only standing about with a group of friends stopped what I was talking about, and of course paid the bill, but I feel that no one should have to go hunt someone down to pay a bill. It was still embarrassing, because now my friends joke about me trying to leave without paying.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Fun Place, food was rather bland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Maybe it's the boiling - but the food was rather bland. Service was great and entertaining. Overall a really good experience, but not my type of seafood. As for price, just as a barometer, our bill was $160 without tip for 3 teenagers (16+) and 2 adults. About what was expected.

Santa Maria, California, United States
“Seafood the Way You Want It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great place for a fantastic seafood meal. It is located on the marina so great view of the boats. Parking is a bit of a problem if you get there after 6PM. We went with family we hadn't seen in a couple of years so sat after we finished dessert and continued to visit. Our waiter even brought us refills of our drinks (soda) after we had paid our tab. Never once did we feel rushed to leave.

Riverside County
“Great Location, So so Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

They are located in the Oceanside Marina so you can a view of the boats in the bay. But because of this parking can be a real issue. It is limited to 2 hours and sometimes can be difficult to find on the weekend. As for the food, since it is part of a chain, the food choices are the same as the other locations. Their clam chowder is only average and you are better off skipping it. My fish dish was somewhat dry and not very tasty. This was my second visit to this particular location and the food was better the first time. I thought it took a little too long for our food to come out as they were not that busy and it was lunch time. But the waitress was attentive. The bottom line is the main attraction of this location is the location on the Marina. The quality and taste of the food can be hit or miss. Next time I visit the Marina, I will try another place to eat.

• Visited June 2013
Lincoln, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great Night and great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Joe's Crab Shack has a great location! Right on the marina on the water in Oceanside! Had to wait a while for a table but it was worth it! We took a walk along the marina and enjoyed the local musicians. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful! Very patient as we had 6 in our party and 2 children! He was very attentive and the food was great as always!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!