“First time”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #29 of 385 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Been in business for several years at this location. Yelp has reviews going back to 2008.
Rohnert Park, California
“First time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and our boys love seafood so we decided to check this place out especially since we don't have one near us. They loved everything they ordered and it was good food with great service. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating was because I wanted steak but they only cook it medium and up. I have to have my meat rare to medium rare, I just can't do medium and if I'm paying a lot of money for a steak it should be cooked the way I like it. I ended up ordering the chicken and it was very good.

• Visited June 2013

Mesa, Arizona
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first visit to Joe's Crab Shack anywhere. We were impressed with the good service and volume of food. Not for the faint-of-wallet, though. Little pricier than a family restaurant, and we had 4 kids with us, including two teen-age boys going through growth spurts. The food was worth the money, but wouldn't want to do that too often.

• Visited June 2013
Atascadero, California
“Fun place - food depends on what you order”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very noisy - great grilled fish dinners. We got the steamed mussels and we could not eat them for the overwhelming garlic... we love garlic and cook with it almost everyday but this was totally inedible. We had the mixed grill plate with Mahi Mahi, shrimp and crab cakes that was very good.

Great waitress - not the place for a nice quiet dinner

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank hlthee
Riverside, California
“Great Service and awesome view of Harbor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our family came in from West Virginia and they chose this restaurant. This restaurant was very close to our timeshare and make it convenient. We ordered several different dishes. I ordered the lobster bisque soup. When I got it, it was luke warm at best, but this was the only thing I ordered so I started eating it. When the waiter came over and asked how things were, I just mentioned that my soup wasn't hot. He asked to take it back, I told him no it's ok, I'll eat it anyways. Without even blinking an eye...he left. Then about 5 min later, a fresh bowl of soup was delivered to my table from the manager with his apologies. Joes crab shack paid for my soup. I wasn't even expecting them to do either!! All I can say is this location has excellent service and managers. I would go back to this restaurant anytime.

• Visited May 2013
California
“Too noisy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Although the food was not bad, it was so noisy we could not enjoy our meal. Have been so several of these, but no more. There are better seafood places and you don't have to put up with the noise.

Visited December 2012

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!