“Casual dinning for good fish in a great location”

Lighthouse Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #20 of 396 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened in July 2010.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The restaurants web site describes this as not "fine Dining" but good food. That is very accurate. While the decor inside is cafe style the food is better than that. Note that in the summer there is outside tables and a harbor and sea view. Mussels, crab, and cakes were good, my wife was extremely happy with here swordfish in macadamia crust I a little less so with my Seabass in herbs and olive oil. I could not taste the olive oil and the herbs were cooked with the fish and thus crispy. I would have preferred them fresh. However my roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes were excellent. I you are looking for fine dining inside you may find this restaurant lacking in value. The food is worth the price though.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were taken to this restaurant by friends of ours who live on their boat in the marina. They frequent this casual restaurant a lot, and we see why! There was seating for probably 30 inside. The bar was inside as well. There was a TV playing a football game, but thankfully, the volume was low, so we were able to talk and catch up with our friends.

It was chilly, so we sat indoors. (There were heaters outdoors, but we weren't that brave.) We'd brought 2 bottles of wine with us; the waitress gladly opened them and poured. We was glad we gave her a small glass as well. Our friend paid for the bill, but I do not believe we paid corkage fo bringing our own wine.

Both of us gals had the scallops; they were some of the best I've ever had -- not overcooked, and nicely seared ($22 for a nice portion). Both of the guy had steak; the steaks were excellent (about $23). The entrees included macademia nut potatoes or linguini, and vegetables. The soups/salads were ala carte.

We would definitely return!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great casual dining with a terrific view. Don't pass up the tuna stack. Terrific seafood farly priced.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Another local barkeep recommended this spot, & was she ever right on!

.5 dozen fresh oysters for $12 during HH, coldest Stone IPA in town, best Chiiopani-like bowl of tasty seafood I can EVER recall having, & friendly staff. It's obvious this place has their feces consolidated!
And did I mention the view!?!

1  Thank SemperFly
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Opted for the Lighthouse over D'Vinos for the better view. Got to sit harborside and watch the sunset over our 3 hour dinner. Never rushed by staff to turn the table over. Reasonably priced menu items. Side show of watching the harbor seals play with one another. Would love to go here again.