“Great Service, average food”

Lighthouse Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #20 of 388 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened in July 2010.
Escondido, California
“Great Service, average food”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This restaurant is located on the harbor in Oceanside. Great location and the view is nice. The restaurant has patio seating available and they also have heaters out there so it's great in the evening. The service was great. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The food was just average or a little below. I ordered the ceviche for an appetizer. It was bland. It came with a lime and the lime was dried up. I got another lime but it was dry too. The swordfish I ordered as my entree with grilled and steamed vegetables was not cooked enough to my liking. It was a little mushy and the taste just wasn't that good. The veggies were not seasoned at all. The grilled ones were tasty but the steamed were dried out and rubbery. I ordered a ginger ale to drink and it cost $3.50! Unbelievable. I will not be going back there again even though the service and location were good. There are plenty of other great places in San Diego and Oceanside. This was just not worth it.

Gunnison, Colorado
“Oh that lobster bisque”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Situated right along the Oceanside harbor with an outside deck, indoor seating, and bar seating – supposedly in a real lighthouse. It was less of a lighthouse atmosphere to me and more understated elegance – lots of windows, quiet - casual. The majority of the cooking happens on a grill right by the bar which inspires confidence. Our server was very attentive and friendly, but kindly left us to ourselves. I haven’t stopped thinking about the food since we ate there a week ago. We ordered the lobster bisque, shrimp and lobster quesadillas, and black mussels. Our meal began with free sourdough bread toasted with cheese – it was okay. The lobster bisque was to die for, and we mopped up every last bit of the white sauce (white wine, cream, and garlic?) for the black mussels with extra orders of the bread. The high ratings for this place led me to believe it was an established Oceanside favorite but they only opened about two years ago – visit and keep them open!

2 Thank OnlyHighways
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Service, great food - GREAT OYSTERS!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Loved this place!

My wife and I visited for lunch, our waitress was friendly, and the place was a bit busy - so the cook staff helped to serve as well, and they were great!

I had the shrimp taco and the calamari taco, as well as an oyster in the half shell. All of which were great, my wife's past was very tasty as well.

I was sad when we left, and would get a few more oysters next time!

San Diego, California
“Great Bloody Marys Great Service!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Lorane was my waitress and she was great! Very friendly, very knowledgeable, and the food was amazing. It was lunch time and I usually go elsewhere for bloody marys but their bloody marys are so tasty, my compliments to the maker. We go to the harbor often and I look forward to trying other things on their menu.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank nikelca2001
Sacramento, California
“Food okay, service...not so much.”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I stopped for an outdoor lunch. When seated my wife headed to the restroom. The waitress asked me if we would like anything to drink. I told her we would like water to start, she brought one water. We ordered oysters, cup of chowder for me, bisque for my wife, then one entree (we like to share). We ordered two different glasses of chard. She then brought the oysters, but no wine, I reminded her of our wines, she brought one glass (my wife's), then disappeared. I assumed to get mine. It wasn't until nearly the next course she came back. Still no wine for me. I reminded her, she was confused. I still didn't get my gass until nearly the end of the second course. The oysters were good, the chowder completely had no clams and too much herbs. The sea bass was not the best, but okay. Entree came with pasta (pretty good) and grilled vegetables.overall food was just okay. I would not return.

• Visited February 2012