“Perfect Location for the Value!!! Beautiful Remodel!!!”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I was here for business but the location and the roof top view towards the ocean was gorgeous and made it feel like a vacation. The area is surrounded by other hotels but this Holiday Inn by far looks the best, clean, updated, and the service was amazing. I had a suite and even though it wasn't very large in size it was enough space for me by myself, and would be okay for two people but any more then that may be tight. Overall I loved this Holiday Inn property and any time I am in this area I will stay here with no hesitation!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BuTtA14

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Wonderful service! The entire staff was kind and friendly. Easy to talk to and very helpful. The rooms are large and very clean. Im very picky in the clean area & I was beyond pleased. The food was very good and the service was quick. Great perks included wifi, parking and laundry facilities.
Great location with the beach within eyesight. There tons of cute shops and eateries along the way.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AStorygirl
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here for about two weeks when working in Oceanside. I can certainly reiterate all the reviews already written for this hotel.
- Hotel was modern, clean, well serviced and comfortable.
- Breakfast was a typical American selection, healthy and tasty options available. A couple of times a week it was a buffet style option.
- Free wifi (with a wired option) was good throughout the hotel.
-Very close, quick and easy access to I-5. Which means it's an easy launch point to visit anywhere else up and down the coast.
- Large comfy bed, great shower, small kitchenette with everything you might need, decent TV (if you can stand all the commercials!)
- Walking distance to the Harbour (a few restaurants and a beach). A little further to the main Beach and downtown Oceanside, but it is walkable if you want to drink or just not drive for any reason.
- The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and that includes every staff member and not just the ones directly involved in customer service. It's hard to sneak into the hotel without getting a massive welcome back greeting!
- Washing machines on floor 4 and 6 which are very handy if you are in town for more than a few days.
- Parking is easy, onsite and plenty of it.

In sum, I would fully recommend this hotel for a comfortable, easy and enjoyable time where you know there will be no dramas, and even if there were it would be sorted quickly and effectively. A great experience and will certainly be coming back when I'm next in Oceanside.

Thanks

Room Tip: Top floor, Ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Chris E
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We got here to Oceanside and this is a very nice property well-kept well-maintained nice clean rooms pool has great son in the afternoon they had a nice managers reception with free beer I like that and snacks rooftop seating area watch the sun go down except it goes down behind the building so you can't really see it but it's a nice thought

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

From March 2nd til 13th I had the best hotel experience in years, staying at IHG was very nice. The Front Desk employees went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was the best it could be! Every day when we left the hotel we greeted with a good morning and very pleasant conversation, asked if there anything they could do to help!

I left my brand new phone on the roof it was found by a employee returned in minutes, by the way it is very expensive. I was always given plates , forks when I didn't dine at the hotel, Food was great and service even better. The refrigerator didn't work properly so they reimbursed 20 dollars for the spoiled food instantly in cash the young had at my door in seconds. They always had items that we needed like zip ties for our wheels and free HDMI cords to use and several items that most hotel don't think about.

They had one washer and dryer the cost a quarter for both it was a front loader that cleaned my clothes very well and on the 4th floor they had 2 washers and 2 dryers for free. So needless to say all my clothes were clean for the trip home.

They always gave us the best information on where to eat and how to get there!

I would personally like to Thank Geoffrey, Laura, Emily, Francois and the rest staff for such a lovely stay! Forgot to mention the Maids were very friendly and cleaned the rooms when you requested and replaced towels daily.

Thanks Again to all the Staff at Oceanside

Mo

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mo P
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Mo, it was great having you as our guest and we hope you come back soon! Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience for other travelers. It's great when we can reunite people with their lost items (especially smart phones). Thanks for being understanding about your refrigerator and again we apologize for the inconvenience - it has been replaced and won't be a problem again. Laura, Emily, François, your housekeeping team, and myself thank you for the shout-outs. It really means a lot to us when you take the time to recognize our efforts with a 'job well done' note. Please don't stay away for too long. Until we see you next time, we will keep the hotel in tip-top shape for you and your next visit.

Best Regards,

Geoffrey Parkford, General Manager
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina/
MCB Camp Pendleton Area

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Overall this hotel is very nice and understandable that at this time it is #1 in the area according to tripadvisor.

I would stay again.

Check In/Out
-extremely friendly staff - amazingly so!

Room
-spacious, very comfortable, different types of pillows (soft, firm) and the beds are very nice and comfortable.

Cleanliness
-rooms are very clean and the house keeping staff are very attentive.

Internet
-Internet wasn't very fast and in fact during busy hours (mornings and evenings) the Internet was painfully slow (even opening a Google page)

Location
-Location is fine if you have a car or don't mind walking 10-15 minutes to restaurants. The beach is about a 5 minute walk if you take a short cut back behind the pool.

Breakfast
-overpriced for what it seems they have. However, plenty of restaurants within a 10 minute drive for all tastes and budgets.

Parking
-free parking, covered and non, all very close to the hotel doors and elevators.

Pool and Gym
-Pool is decent and clean but not huge. There is a small hot tub that is fantastic for 6 or less. Both pool and hot tub have electric chairs for those with disabilities.

-Gym is extremely small: 2 treadmills, an elliptical one set of combo weights and another machine or two.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephen_Price

Stephen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to make a detailed review of the property! We hope that your visit went great and we will get to welcome you back again soon.

I have a couple of updates in relation to the items you noted:
-Internet: We are in the process of upgrading the building connect to a dedicated Fiber Optic connection. When this is completed in the next month, we will have one of the fastest connections of any hotel in our area. We also have planned to allow the connection to grow as the demand for connection grows in the future.

-Gym: Treadmills are being replaced this month with two cutting edge PRECOR Fitness models.

-Pool: detached from the pool, the 6th floor observation deck has become quite a popular location for afternoon sunbathing. Please be sure to check it out next you visit.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest - please come back soon.

Geoffrey Parkford, General Manager
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina / MCB Camp Pendleton Area

Reviewed March 1, 2014

While on a road trip, we booked a room here based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed! The first thing that happened was that I realized I had reserved for the wrong night and ended up as a no-show. Joann was so kind to apply that night's charges to the actual night we were staying. She didn't have to do that, but it saved us being charged double. At that point, I was sold on the entire experience! She didn't give us any hassle at all and told us that things like that happen sometimes. After we checked in (very smooth process), we went up to our room and were immediately impressed with the large space, including a huge shower.

Being close to the harbor/beach was such a plus for this hotel! We didn't use the pool and we didn't eat in the hotel, as we did all of the tourist-y things at the harbor. Very, very impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness of this hotel! I will be sure to remember it for our next trip! Thank you for the best night's sleep of the entire trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family