“Great Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southfield, Michigan
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

From March 2nd til 13th I had the best hotel experience in years, staying at IHG was very nice. The Front Desk employees went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was the best it could be! Every day when we left the hotel we greeted with a good morning and very pleasant conversation, asked if there anything they could do to help!

I left my brand new phone on the roof it was found by a employee returned in minutes, by the way it is very expensive. I was always given plates , forks when I didn't dine at the hotel, Food was great and service even better. The refrigerator didn't work properly so they reimbursed 20 dollars for the spoiled food instantly in cash the young had at my door in seconds. They always had items that we needed like zip ties for our wheels and free HDMI cords to use and several items that most hotel don't think about.

They had one washer and dryer the cost a quarter for both it was a front loader that cleaned my clothes very well and on the 4th floor they had 2 washers and 2 dryers for free. So needless to say all my clothes were clean for the trip home.

They always gave us the best information on where to eat and how to get there!

I would personally like to Thank Geoffrey, Laura, Emily, Francois and the rest staff for such a lovely stay! Forgot to mention the Maids were very friendly and cleaned the rooms when you requested and replaced towels daily.

Thanks Again to all the Staff at Oceanside

Mo

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mo P
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Mo, it was great having you as our guest and we hope you come back soon! Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience for other travelers. It's great when we can reunite people with their lost items (especially smart phones). Thanks for being understanding about your refrigerator and again we apologize for the inconvenience - it has been replaced and won't be a problem again. Laura, Emily, François, your housekeeping team, and myself thank you for the shout-outs. It really means a lot to us when you take the time to recognize our efforts with a 'job well done' note. Please don't stay away for too long. Until we see you next time, we will keep the hotel in tip-top shape for you and your next visit.

Best Regards,

Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina/
MCB Camp Pendleton Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Overall this hotel is very nice and understandable that at this time it is #1 in the area according to tripadvisor.

I would stay again.

Check In/Out
-extremely friendly staff - amazingly so!

Room
-spacious, very comfortable, different types of pillows (soft, firm) and the beds are very nice and comfortable.

Cleanliness
-rooms are very clean and the house keeping staff are very attentive.

Internet
-Internet wasn't very fast and in fact during busy hours (mornings and evenings) the Internet was painfully slow (even opening a Google page)

Location
-Location is fine if you have a car or don't mind walking 10-15 minutes to restaurants. The beach is about a 5 minute walk if you take a short cut back behind the pool.

Breakfast
-overpriced for what it seems they have. However, plenty of restaurants within a 10 minute drive for all tastes and budgets.

Parking
-free parking, covered and non, all very close to the hotel doors and elevators.

Pool and Gym
-Pool is decent and clean but not huge. There is a small hot tub that is fantastic for 6 or less. Both pool and hot tub have electric chairs for those with disabilities.

-Gym is extremely small: 2 treadmills, an elliptical one set of combo weights and another machine or two.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephen_Price
Stephen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to make a detailed review of the property! We hope that your visit went great and we will get to welcome you back again soon.

I have a couple of updates in relation to the items you noted:
-Internet: We are in the process of upgrading the building connect to a dedicated Fiber Optic connection. When this is completed in the next month, we will have one of the fastest connections of any hotel in our area. We also have planned to allow the connection to grow as the demand for connection grows in the future.

-Gym: Treadmills are being replaced this month with two cutting edge PRECOR Fitness models.

-Pool: detached from the pool, the 6th floor observation deck has become quite a popular location for afternoon sunbathing. Please be sure to check it out next you visit.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest - please come back soon.

Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina / MCB Camp Pendleton Area
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

While on a road trip, we booked a room here based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed! The first thing that happened was that I realized I had reserved for the wrong night and ended up as a no-show. Joann was so kind to apply that night's charges to the actual night we were staying. She didn't have to do that, but it saved us being charged double. At that point, I was sold on the entire experience! She didn't give us any hassle at all and told us that things like that happen sometimes. After we checked in (very smooth process), we went up to our room and were immediately impressed with the large space, including a huge shower.

Being close to the harbor/beach was such a plus for this hotel! We didn't use the pool and we didn't eat in the hotel, as we did all of the tourist-y things at the harbor. Very, very impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness of this hotel! I will be sure to remember it for our next trip! Thank you for the best night's sleep of the entire trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa B
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My company had a business meeting where several of our affeliates were attending from out of town. We were helped by both Severine and Emily who took it upon themselves to not only set up everything needed for our room stays, but also to set up all other accomidations. These women went above and beyond to ensure that our company meeting went smoothly and as perfect as possible. These two women should be commended for such an incredible job. Thank you to them as well as the Holiday Inn for supurb service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Andrea,
Thank you so much for kind letter of praise for Severine and Emily. We can't stop those two from doing amazing things to make us a Great hotel guests LOVE! Your comments definitely were celebrated with them. I am proud to have such an amazing staff and thankful that we are able to share them with great people from all over the place, like yourself.

Please come and visit us again soon. Severine and Emily want to introduce you to some more of their co-workers too next time :)

Warmest Regards,

Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina/
MCB Camp Pendleton Area
savage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is well kept with beautiful rooms. THe beds are comfortable and is in great location near the marina. The staff is really friendly and helpful. There is a bar, restaurant, pool and hot tub. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Extremely helpful front desk service. Emily with a "y" was awesome and her uplifting personality quickly turned a bad day of mine into a good one! Room was amazing and for the low price we paid it was almost a steal. Thank you guys for hooking us up last min! If I can do anything at all for you guys let me know: Galvinusmc@yahoo.com

• Stayed January 2014
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here on Christmas Eve and can not express how impressed I was. This hotel is the recipient of some of the most prestigious awards in the hospitality business and as soon as you walk it you can understand why. I was happily greeted by Esmerelda who was smiling and super friendly. I stayed on an employee rate and typically don't get treated as nice as she was. When I lived in Missouri I was a General Manager at a Candlewood Suites and inspected rooms so my eye is trained to find the worst things possible at a glance. I must say as hard as I tried I could not find anything that was not clean or in excellent condition. The only issue we had was the TV would not turn on to any channels. We called the front desk and Maria showed up within 3 minutes of the call and got us fixed up right away. Maria is absolutely the friendliest Engineer I have ever encountered while staying at a hotel. We ordered room service and it was delivered right away by Katrina who was smiling and pleasant when we opened the door. The food was excellent. Many kudos to the General Manager for motivating such a great team! I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone looking to stay in the North County San Diego area. Thank you for providing such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I prefer corner rooms so that you only have 1 neighbor next to you