“Award winning hotel for a reason!”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Award winning hotel for a reason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here on Christmas Eve and can not express how impressed I was. This hotel is the recipient of some of the most prestigious awards in the hospitality business and as soon as you walk it you can understand why. I was happily greeted by Esmerelda who was smiling and super friendly. I stayed on an employee rate and typically don't get treated as nice as she was. When I lived in Missouri I was a General Manager at a Candlewood Suites and inspected rooms so my eye is trained to find the worst things possible at a glance. I must say as hard as I tried I could not find anything that was not clean or in excellent condition. The only issue we had was the TV would not turn on to any channels. We called the front desk and Maria showed up within 3 minutes of the call and got us fixed up right away. Maria is absolutely the friendliest Engineer I have ever encountered while staying at a hotel. We ordered room service and it was delivered right away by Katrina who was smiling and pleasant when we opened the door. The food was excellent. Many kudos to the General Manager for motivating such a great team! I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone looking to stay in the North County San Diego area. Thank you for providing such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I prefer corner rooms so that you only have 1 neighbor next to you
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dezertchick75
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Dezertchick75,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Wow - your GM endorsement means a lot to us! Please come back again soon.

Geoffrey Parkford
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina / MCB Camp Pendleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Lived in the area 14+ years now and just discovered this hotel when some family were camping nearby. Very new, very clean. I had a junior suite, and there was a microwave and large refrigerator in the room. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Easy beach access as well, ask about a shortcut by the pool. Clean, bleachy smelling bed linnens (which I like!). Restaurant inside the hotel had a nice selection of delicious food. Room service was prompt. Overall, I highly recommend staying here.

No views however. Definitely do not book a room on the Eastern side, that will overlook a trailer park, and rooms on the south side views were all blocked by other buildings in front even though we were on the 5th floor, so do not expect an ocean view if staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RachelDH
Dear RachelDH,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are so glad that you found our hotel and your family was able to stay with us. Maybe you could come have a "Stay-Cation" with us yourself?

Next time you are here, he sure to check out our Observation Deck on the 6th floor of the hotel. It has an amazing view of the ocean and harbor!

See you soon,

Geoffrey Parkford
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina / MCB Camp Pendleton
RENO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Oceanside as part of a timeshare presentation event. We wanted to stay at the Wyndham but found our room at the Holiday Inn to be quite nice. It was like a studio with a mini bar, sink, fridg., etc. It had a big walk in shower. The decor was updated and nice. We found the hot water not hot enough so they adjusted it up for us and we appreciated it. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the apples and oranges they offer. The hotel was within walking distance to the harbor and we ate at several restaurants down there which were very good. We also found it conveniently located to travel to other areas. We went up to Laguana Beach, to the factor outlet mall in Carlsbad and to the Mission in Oceanside. We enjoyed our stay and found it to be very comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back near the stairs and since we like using the stairs, it was perfect. It was...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Lynne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while enjoying your Wyndham Vacation. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the great sights in the area. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the Oceanside area again soon and we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Geoffrey Parkford, General Manager
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina - Pendleton Area
Liberal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn location in Oceanside with a group and was very pleased with all of the details of our trip. The rooms are good sized, well laid out, and nice and clean. The housekeepers did an awesome job in cleaning our room each day after we had left for the day and never bothering us while we were in the room. Their breakfast was great and the meeting room and gym were all a person would need. The location is nice, within walking distance of the beautiful harbor and the beach. I would suggest though, if you walk to the beach at night, make sure you have someone else with you for the walk as you have to go through a poorly lit area to get there and come back.

We will certainly come back to this place if we are back in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sheridan, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews and location to Camp Pendleton. I admit that I did have a bit of trouble finding the hotel in the dark, and not paying enough attention to the exit signs - I ended up in one of 4 lanes into Camp Pendleton. But after a slight detour I located the hotel with help from a very kind marine. The hotel is in a funny middle of the block location without any over the building signage, plus you enter the hotel from what first appears to be a parking garage. After all that, I was pleasently surprised with the rest of my experience at the hotel. My room was very, very large, with nice furniture and great beds. I would have loved a room this size when I traveled with my children. The exercise room met my needs, and the pool area looked fine too. I was surprised that breakfast wasn't encluded, but they do have a small resturant and bar. Also, there is a Denny's about a half block away. The hotel is located very close to the marina and not very far from the beach. All within walking distance or a short drive away. The main gate to Camp Pendleton is about a block away and the freeway entrance is across the street. I think that this hotel is a little gem. I enjoyed my stay so much, that I ended up staying another night four days later and I was just as impressed as during my first night there. On both my stays, the front desk person was so helpful and friendly. I will definelty stay here again when I return in a few months, and I wouldn't have any reservations about recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: pay attention to directions and exit lanes when coming from San Diego- especially at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
OCNPC, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed both of your stays with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to recommend us! We look forward to your return.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my first visit to Oceanside and my first stay at The Holiday Inn. I know people who have stayed here before who have recommended it to me so I thought I would give it a go and I'm so glad I did! The hotel is very well maintained, the rooms are a good size and tastefuly decorated, the beds are SUPER DUPER comfy and the staff are very helpful and obliging. Did I mention that the beach is pretty much a stones throw away! The lady at the front desk (I think her name was Joanne) was assisting me with my check in and provided me with alot of helpful information. She even gave be a beach bag with towels and water bottles and clear instructions on how to access the beach which is about a 5 minute walk away. She has a pretty good idea of where to go and what to do seeing as I think she is originally from Australia of all places! During my stay I had breakfast there, snacks and drinks at the bar and each time the service I received was second to none and the food was of a good standard. There's free wifi, tea & coffee in the lobby and a gym with just enough equiptment. I know for sure that next time I am around I'm definately staying here again! Don't overlook this place, its a little hidden treasure filled with friendly helpful staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Meiling T
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you! We will let Joanne know! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and service.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My family and I were driving through the area at about midnight and did not have a place to stay. I called the hotel and the desk person was extremely helpful and stated that she had rooms that would accommodate four people. We told here we would be there shortly. When we arrived, the desk person ( I wish I could remember her name but she was working overnight on Friday 10/25) was so helpful and friendly. We had a bottle of wine, which she kindly opened for us and also provided us with glasses. I can not state enough was a pleasure she was. The room was very clean and comfortable. The beds were awesome and the room was also very quiet. I can not wait to stay at this fine facility the next time we pass by

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin M
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words and we will pass on your compliments to Laura. We're happy to hear you had a terrific stay and we hope to see you again soon.