“Good clean hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall it was a nice clean hotel. My room was spacious and comfortable. The only issue I had was a couple of other guest on my floor decided to have an argument at 2am. I reported it to the front desk. The evening bartender was excellent and the happy hour meal was a great value. The party I was traveling with ate them out of all of their chicken wings. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and a spectacular sunset. This hotel is a great proximity to Camp Pendleton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience - we are glad that you enjoyed your visit and apologize for your noisy neighbors. Thank you for calling and letting our staff know about the problem. We remember your infamous group and their love of our homemade chicken wings. Next time you are coming our way, please give us a call ahead of time so we can stock up on them so there is no risk of us running out. :)

We hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Best Regards,
General Manager, Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Motown
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Overall good hotel for one night stay. The lobby and entrance to the lobby is not very appealing. However service was excellent. Everyone from waitress to lobby staff were pleasant and helpful

I was upgraded to a junior suite being priority gold member. The room was clean and perfect for my family. Free parking and wifi were definite bonuses. The gym was small but adequate.

We arrived late at night so we ended up eating dinner and breakfast the next morning. The kids ate free which was a definite bonus. I thought food was average at best.

Location is convenient to the freeway but really not much in the way of views or scenery.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Such a lovely place to stay. Very friendly staff, The rooms are very large, clean and everything you could ask for a comfort stay. I have been there several times and will continue to stay there. The restaurant has a fantastic menu with great meals. You will find a very quiet bar to just hang out to unwind. It is wonderful!! You will not be disappointed in anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Barbara,
WE LOVE YOU STAYING WITH US! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We love being your preferred hotel when visiting your friends and family in Oceanside. We hope that we are able to "wow" all your guests for your upcoming wedding block and make fans out of them too. Come back soon!

Best Wishes,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is my second stay at HI Oceanside. I was immediately greeted by Michael and Joanne at reception who were very friendly and helpful. The room was fantastic with a beautiful ocean view and very clean. Had breakfast in the morning downstairs and I recommend the All American Skillet. I love HI Oceanside because it is so close to the beach which reminds me of being home in Australia. Even if you don't have a car there are many places you can walk to and the staff are always willing to help. A great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michi C
Thank you for traveling across the globe to stay wish us again! I've passed your kudos on to the staff and they greatly appreciate the feedback. We sure hope that your travels bring you back to Oceanside again soon so we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Enjoy your travels and we wish you the best until next time.

Palm Desert, California
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A very nice stay here. Excellent staff, very friendly. Rooms were very clean and pleasant. No view of the Harbor but everything else was perfect. Room service was very good and fast. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenny H
Jenny,

We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel, the staff, and location. I hope you were able to wander down to the harbor and enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and wildlife. Please come back again soon!

Warm Regards,
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I was really impressed by the size of the room and the cleanliness. Very friendly staff, jacuzzi was very clean. Overall a great stay. Can't comment on location in reference to tourist areas as we only stayed one night.

• Stayed October 2012
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks for being a 5-star guest and taking the time to share your experience. We hope that your travels bring you back to our area soon so we get the opportunity to serve you again soon!
University Place, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

First impressions....odd or quirky...it kind of looks like some alien space craft has landed. I had to drive around the property a couple times before I figured out where the front door and registration lobby were located, it's not obvious, but here's my tip, read the signs! The rooms are recently upgraded, and are very nice, have a full kitchenette with microwave, fridge, sink and coffee maker. Free wifi and a huge TV, nice bathroom, all very nice. The one thing I did not like was the freeway noise, and it wasn't that bad I'm just not used to it. This restaurant surprisingly has a full service restaurant in the lobby serving breakfast and dinner, I didn't eat there so can't rate it, but it's nice if you're hungry and don't have time to go looking for something. The staff here were very helpful and friendly and when I asked "I'm in Oceanside, what should I see" they had no shortage of things to recommend. The bed was comfy and I slept pretty good. It's also very clean although the hallways carpets could use a cleaning.

Room Tip: As for a room on the marina side of the hotel, the other side is very close to the freeway and it...