New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in July on a visit to Lego Land. Very nice Lobby, Parking was close. The gentleman who checked us in was very nice especially since we all were a mess after spending the day at the water park. Our rooms were vey nice the only flaw was my windows were open over a walk way area that was daily accessible to outsiders. So I went downstairs to notify them and they send up someone to inspect my room to make sure all was well. It was a very nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We added 3 more nights to our stay as we were so pleasantly surprised by the comfort of this hotel. The rooms are newer, extremely clean and well cared for. The staff was amazing and friendly. We thought we'd be dissappointed by the distance to the beach, but it was never a problem. We drove to the beach, unloaded our goods and paid $5 to park in the nearby lot. We could come and go as many times as we wanted to between the hours of 8 and 5. The coffee was good - but one morning it was much weaker than the other days. Otherwise, we don't have any complaints. I am a light sleeper so we kept the fan running through the night and we never heard any outside noise. We won't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank lovetotravelArizona
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us (and stay long that planned). It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. Next time you stay with us, be sure to stop by the front desk and grab some beach towels before you head out for the day. Please come visit us again soon (and let us know if the coffee is missing the kick so we can crank it up right away)
Tempe, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We reserved 3 nights but stayed an extra night because we liked the hotel so much. It is in a great location, with a 7-10 minute walk to the beach (you have to go behind the hotel, past the pool, under the train tracks and past the marina and shops). The beach was great as there was a rock jetty with a lot of small crabs, shells, sea snails, sea anemones, sandcrabs, and we even saw some people find sea stars! it was a lot of fun for the kids to explore. It was a short drive to the Carlsbad outlets, Legoland. We explored the San Diego Botanical Gardens nearby and the Museum of Music which I believe are hidden jems in the area. The junior suites were modern and felt spacious, and we enjoyed the kids eat free deal for breakfast and dinner. The only downside was the higher price and lack of ocean view rooms, but I would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff are supernice, there was a nice server for dinner who gave my son a free birthday cake, ice cream sandwiches and 2 small stuffed animals (fish) for his birthday!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TommieT
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I wish I could give this hotel a better review or rating for that matter. I was concerned with the prior reviews, and should have known better. Though I am a priority club member, I waited 2 hours past checkin for my room to get cleaned. Once in the room, it was so small. I have booked suites everywhere I stay, and this was by far the smallest suite, I highly overpaid. The representative attempted to get me to take an even smaller room so that I would wait less time to get my room, but wouldn't refund the difference (75$). All night long we heard doors slamming, people running up and down the halls, surprisingly the worst night was our last night of a 3 night stay. We stayed on the 6th floor and had a partial view of the marina. The room itself wouldnt have been a disappointment except for the size of it, the automatic slamming doors, and the semi-decent beds. We did walk to the Oceanside marina several times, and even walked to the pier (it was pretty far, over a mile). Housekeeping was excellant, the room was spotless every day. Breakfast was really really bad unfortunately. We went to use the buffet but the pancakes had flipped up from sitting so long, the potatoes were completely cold (new ones were brought out but mixed in with the cold ones), the eggs were really really bad. The pasteries and cereal were edible since they weren't cooked on premises. I had breakfast vouchers (otherwise breakfast is 11$ for adults and $3 for kids) but only bothered to use one because I couldn't stand to eat there again. We didn't use the pool, it was outside, and next door is a SUPER shady Days Inn. Next time we will go back to the Beach Terrace Inn in Carlsbad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank DestinationAZ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear DestinationAZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m delighted the Housekeeping Staff was excellent. I am sorry your room accommodation was not as you expected it. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Nice! Very nice NEW Hotel near the Oceanside Harbor. Huge rooms, clean, comfortable, new, close to the military base, short drive to the beach etc... GREAT Hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Based on the reviews I had read on here, decided to book a week. My husband was playing in a soccer tournament in Escondido and we wanted to be fairly close to the tournament site, but closer to the ocean. It was no more than a 35 minute drive to where we needed to be from this hotel so it worked. Hotel staff were as advertised--pleasant, cheerful, seemed glad to see their guests, always willing to answer questions with a smile. Room was big - 2 Queen sized, very comfortable beds, large shower, a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. Housekeepers did a wonderful job. First night the TV would not go on, we called and within 3 minutes someone came up. It was a simple fix and not a big deal. The Harbor area is a short walk but we ended up driving.The hotel was great and if we were to ever need to be in this area again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the street side and it was so quiet that if you could not see the street, you never would...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mamacyn
Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

.. there is a Holiday Inn that lives up to my crazy standards, ha! For the money, area and services, this is a great price!

I went here for just one night to participate in the mud run. The rooms are really spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are large. We didn't have a tub but to be honest, I can't imagine soaking in a hotel tub. The beds were so comfortable. They give an option of soft or hard pillows which really showed care. I feel that these are the nice touches that make a customer come back. The hotel is incredibly near the shore/pier. You can either walk or just drive less than a few minutes to meet some restaurants or visit some fun little stores. There's a pool, jacuzzi and a workout gym. I didn't use any of these but all looked well kept and maintained.

The service here is so awesome. When I checked in, it was easy, fast and just perfect. They met my standards of needs -- I needed an early check in and then when I asked about late check out -- even with the accommodations for other travelers in the hotel, they gave me a late check out. So wonderful.

I'm just really happy with this and would totally come back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends