“Awesome hotel, perfect for family and great staff!!”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Hotel was very clean and service was awesome! I never knew Holiday inn was this nice!
and hotel staff was great too, I believe her name was Asuka. She was very friendly and professional. Also they had kids eat free coupon and that helps when you are on vacation and able to save whatever!! Also great location!! Walking distance to the pier!! I recommend this hotel for every one!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank amimama

Reviewed February 5, 2011

As a Gold club member I mad reservation at this hotel for 24 days. Because of the front dest attitude and poor service I left the hotl after 3 day to stay at any other hotel but not that one. my experience with this hotel gave me bad impression on all other holiday inn in the US. My job require alot of traveling, matter of fact out of 12 mounths, I spend 8 mounthes at hotels in US and Canada and this is the first time I had such expereince.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Sam4242
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

Thank you for speaking with us about your experience. We are very glad that we were able to address and resolve your concerns. We hope to have you as our guest again very soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2011

I'm a student traveller staying in Oceanside for a one week course at Camp Pendleton and I must say, the Staff at the Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina has provided the BEST service I have EVER received! Bar none. Besides the GREAT location, staff personnel have provided TOP NOTCH service through out these last 3 days of my stay. Particularly one employee who went out of her way to assist me in printing out several copies of my outline and lesson plan pertaining to my class. Thank You so much!! Looking forward to the remainder of my stay!! :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fire44

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. In addition to our great proximity to Camp Pendleton, it is excellent to hear that we met (or even exceeded) your expectations while you were our guest. We hope that you have another class on base again soon and we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

(I loved the experience so much, I wrote a letter to corporate but pasted it below)

Highlights- without the letter.
They made sure our stay happened without any snags. Kept in contact with us by e-mail before we arrived and made sure our stay was positive. On one night, the horde of teenagers and I returned just after the kitchen closed- they opened up the kitchen to cook up some food- because I didn't want to take a dozen kids out at 11 PM at night. The rooms were impeccable clean and the walk-in shower was huge and luxurious. I think it's a new hotel- at least it smells new. No rattling heater spewing dust at us. It's actually made me change my entire view on Holiday Inns.

To the letter:

I would like to express my appreciation and admiration of the Holiday Inn staff for our recent stay. The entire experience was a pleasure from booking our reservations to our check-out experience.

On November 18th, 2010, I contacted Ms. Linnet Bautista via e-mail to make reservations for four rooms for the weekend of December 3rd, 2010 and checking out December 5th, 2010. Ms. Bautista replied within two hours with an extremely courteous and professional e-mail. The e-mail contained all the necessary information, such as the price of the room with a breakdown for room charge and taxes, credit card authorization documentation, cancellation policy, and information regarding our requests- such as a handicap accessible room and roll-away beds. Ms. Bautista consistently provided excellent service from the moment we made our reservation to when we checked-out. Even when out of town, Ms. Bautista was constantly checking her e-mail and making sure our questions and needs were being met. In fact, Ms. Bautista made a deliberate effort to be at the check-in desk when we gave her an estimated time of arrival. Ms. Bautista personally checked us in to ensure that everything would go smoothly.

Her excellent service is what prompted all four adults in each room to sign up for the rewards program. Even at the Ritz-Carlton or the Grand Hyatt with Diamond Membership, I have never encountered such a professional, courteous, and responsible hotel employee. I truly felt that Ms. Bautista had a personal interest in making sure our stay was as pleasant as possible.

Additionally, I would like to compliment the rest of the front-desk staff. They were always available to help and often went out of their way to accommodate us. On Friday night, December 3rd, 2010, we returned to the hotel after the restaurant should have been closed, but the front desk kept the kitchen open to allow us to order dinner. Additionally, they were able to recommend a few restaurants on the pier that were open late; if we decided that we did not want to eat at the restaurant. The staff was able to provide us with maps and directions to their suggested restaurants. It was a great convenience to have the kitchen open later, because many people in our party were too tired to leave the hotel for a late dinner.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jhannise

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us (and the other users on tripadvisor)! We are thrilled to hear how great your visit was - we hope to see you (and your students) again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Decided to start vacation a day early if we could find a good value. Stayed at Holiday Inn Oceanside the night before Thanksgiving. I was concerned about the location as I heard not-so-great things about certain parts of Oceanside. As we drove in late Wednesday night, I wasn't impressed with the area, however in daylight my opinion changed. It wasn't my most ideal area, but it definitely was not a bad location - right by harbor, freeway, and restaurants. The room was spacious and CLEAN! The bed was comfortable. The remote control did not work in our room, but I was too tired to call and ask for new batteries. If we could get a similar price, we'd certainly stay here again. The free parking and free wi-fi are added bonuses. I wonder if all Holiday Inn's are this nice? If they were, I'd certainly look into staying with thischain again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank livealoha23

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Oceanside is really up and coming and improving its image with our visitors. I hope that you were able to shops and restaurants in the harbor and walk to the beach and enjoy the sun and sand.

Holiday Inn has just undergone a massive "relaunch" of all its hotels - we are the result of this process. So, yes- Holiday Inn hotels across the globe are stepping up with new features and amenities. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 22, 2010

The rooms were big and were among the nicest I've seen for this price. Big TV, huge marble shower, comfortable bed. The only negative I have is that the "gym" is a small room with 3 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and a bike plus a set of adjustable dumbbells (no bench). Very chintzy. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. The location was convenient (right on the highway), but was also a little noisy (right on the highway). I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank robmozhoo
Reviewed November 16, 2010

New Hotel...pleasantly surprised at the modern face of Holiday Inn. The room was one of the best I have stayed in. The location is great! just walking distance from the Harbor. Ideal for Military Installation Camp Pendelton. I love the new look and set up. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business