“Great lunch healthy place to meet friends socialize and eat!”
Review of Hill Street Cafe

Hill Street Cafe
Ranked #67 of 396 Restaurants in Oceanside
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

great place to meet girl friends, Yummy food! Highly recommended. It's so wonderful Oceanside is improving their cuisine! lots of healthy choices!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had lunch two times there, they were very good and the coffee is good too. I had the chili and enjoyed it was very good.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

You feel like family here. Go when you have time to relax. Much of the food is grown on their farm in Fallbrook. Healthy, locally sourced and great! My favorite is the guacamole, and the homemade chipotle salsa rocks. If you are a meat eater - this meat is the best around....along with plenty of vegetarian options, and you can order the best sushi in So Cal from their sister restaurant next door, The Fish Joint - everyone is happy!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place is confusing. My family and I looked at the menu online before coming in to make sure they also had vegan options for a few of us. When we got there the menu was completely different than online. It wasn't a holiday or anything special, so we were all a little thrown off since we already had in mind what we wanted and had to quickly rethink our orders since the menu was so different. Service was slow as some of the dishes are "prepared next door" which makes eating awkward as half of us got our food before the others. My sister didn't get her dish until everyone was practically done and we all had to sit there while she ate. Also, many of the "vegan" items aren't truly vegan. Be sure to ask your server. That being said, my "Vegan Surf and Turf," while $14, was in fact vegan and pretty awesome. A giant glazed portabello mushroom and baked tofu on vegetables and rice. The others unfortunately didn't like their dishes. The place itself looks interesting, but the menu issue was weird. Doubt I'll be back. Picture of the receipt included.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Really good, healthy, fresh ingredients put together in a hearty way. Don't come if you're a fussy type or in a hurry because service is super casual. Just know that going in. Both times that we went, surfer-type dudes shuffled about as servers. At breakfast, he forgot my toast but then brought it after we'd completely finished eating. Don't sweat it. Go for what our waiter called "real food" . . . they grow some ingredients in their front yard!